Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #16
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
more important is a good fine dining establisment we alllove a good ol fancy dinner.. yum yum..
Then Whistler and Blackcomb is gonna be your best bet. They have EVERYTHING you could ever think of.

nj

Old 08-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

I say Whistler/Blackcomb too
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 08-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #18
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

thanks boyzzzz
ill see what the response is form my freinds once we get a tentative date and location i will extend an open invite.. the more the marrier (and cheaper price on the lodging.)

Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #19
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
thanks boyzzzz
ill see what the response is form my freinds once we get a tentative date and location i will extend an open invite.. the more the marrier (and cheaper price on the lodging.)
Hehe.....I know people that own local places...naaaaaaananananaaaaa

Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #20
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer
Hehe.....I know people that own local places...naaaaaaananananaaaaa

fess up beach

Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #21
soda7o
Lazy Ass

so for those who went to whistler blackcomb.. where did you stay.. ?

we decided to go there and we are probably getting round trip tickets for liek 100 bucks or so..

Old 08-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #22
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

I have a friend in Avon, CO... Literally across the street from Beaver Creek, and ive gone there the last few years... He actually works for a small Vail Resorts owned company.

Beaver isnt bad, and Vail is only about 15 mins away. The nice thing about Vail Resorts is that you can get a multiday pass and use it at any of there resorts (Beaver, Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone and Heavenly(tahoe) ).

Copper Mtn is also in the general area, as few as a few others, I forget offhand.

If you do go this route send me a PM if you want to know any specifics..

Old 08-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

whoops im a little late/slow... as usual.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #24
gsxryager024
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to gsxryager024

Quote:
so for those who went to whistler blackcomb.. where did you stay.. ?

we decided to go there and we are probably getting round trip tickets for liek 100 bucks or so..

I stayed at the pinnacle hotel, it was actually the cheapest place to stay at the time. I thought i was gonna have a shack but we wound up getting a room with 2 double beds our own kitchen (which made it really cheap to eat in some nights) our own fire place, a jet tub in the room, and a private balcany over looking the whole village as well as blackcomb mountain.

I was really surprised at the way they treated us their. unparreled service. They have their own 5star dinning and bar. And as my friend and i were only 19 at the time i was used to not getting any respect from places like that. they knew us by our names and every time we walked into the door, drunk as a skunk at 2am they would ask us how we were doing, kid around about our good night and suggest other bars/clubs to go to the next night.

All together i was very overwelmed at the quality of their service and accomidation. If i were to go back i would absolutly stay their again.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Columbia.html

Last edited by gsxryager024; 08-09-2006 at 06:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #25
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer
Yup...,000,000,000 on Whistler and Blackcomb. I've done just about everything on the east coast, Summit county in CO (Vail, Copper, Keystone ect), Crusty Butt, UT (snowbird, Brighton, Alta, and some others I can't remember), Lake Tahoe (hope ya like skiing in cement), Jackson Hole (nice but fugging COLD!!!) and I can only say one thing, Whistler & Blackcomb blow them all away. Both have 1mi of vertical, it takes about 3 to 4 lifts to hit the top, amazing stuff you can hike to after that, MONSTER drops, kick ass snow, and probably the best nightlife anywhere.

I've spent probably clost to 4 weeks on those 2 mts and there is still tons of stuff I missed.

njracer
damn, that's awesome. i was thinking of going west this winter for a ski trip. i may have to reconsider and hit up canada..

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #26
Bobby
Squid

I went to Whistler 6 yrs in a row and we usually rented a cabin with a 8-10 person jacuzzi in the back. This was before the village was built up with hotels. Total trip including food, air fare, lift tickets and cabin ran under $1000 per person. We all chipped in for food for breakfast and usually had dinner at a restaurant in the village. I've never stayed at one of the hotels but there's tons of package deals if you look around the 'net.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
I went to Whistler 6 yrs in a row and we usually rented a cabin with a 8-10 person jacuzzi in the back. This was before the village was built up with hotels. Total trip including food, air fare, lift tickets and cabin ran under $1000 per person. We all chipped in for food for breakfast and usually had dinner at a restaurant in the village. I've never stayed at one of the hotels but there's tons of package deals if you look around the 'net.

where can you get that cabin info?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #28
Bobby
Squid

I never organized it so I don't know the names of the places. They were about 10 mins from the mountain by car so you'd have to rent cars when you fly into Vancouver. We would meet in the airport and then rent 2-3 cars/suv's and drive up rather than take the bus or shuttle since we needed transportation to and from the mtn.

This was also a while ago when there wasn't a lot of lodging at the village and the ones that were there cost over $2000 per person for a week. If you can get rooms within walking distance, that would be ideal.

Google shows a bunch of cabins that you can rent around Whistler.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #29
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
I never organized it so I don't know the names of the places. They were about 10 mins from the mountain by car so you'd have to rent cars when you fly into Vancouver. We would meet in the airport and then rent 2-3 cars/suv's and drive up rather than take the bus or shuttle since we needed transportation to and from the mtn.

This was also a while ago when there wasn't a lot of lodging at the village and the ones that were there cost over $2000 per person for a week. If you can get rooms within walking distance, that would be ideal.

Google shows a bunch of cabins that you can rent around Whistler.

yeah its lookign liek the mariot right on the mountian for us for 100 dollars a person (4 people) for 6 nights.. (once again freinds with corp discounts rule...the 1 bedroom suite goes for 600 a night we get it for 400 for 6 nights )

thanks