Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Maxton LSR April Event
Old 04-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa
Post Maxton LSR April Event

So it's the start of a new Maxton LSR season. I know there aren't many (if any) interested in this sorta stuff but for me it's like crack! After a long winter of making cahnges to my bike I got it all together in time for the event. Unfortunatly I still had/have some sensers to config on my logger but I had enough going on to make the event.

The weather was great 80's and had a great time. Meet some old friends and meet alot of new ones. My only goal for the event was to get some shake down runs in. September is the big event and I don't want to show up and still need to sort things out. This event was being shared with Hot Rod's fastest street car so it was tough getting runs in and long waites. There were some really interesting cars there. Ford GT's, SVS TT Viper (making 1500hp), a big ol' black cadi, some mustangs, camaros, a mitsu evo, and a bunch of others. For the bikes I would have to say the the busa's dominate. Turbo's, Juiced, and NA.

It's always funny talking to some of the guys who haven't been there before. They have a perfectly polished bike that "makes 400+ hp" and "should run at least 230" . In the end they're lucky if they break 200mph! Either they have engine problems, bad gearing, poor chassis. In the end you always learn that to turn 200 from a standing start in a distance of only one mile takes some work!

i had a few bugs myself! I had steering damper bolts that kept loosening up and a really nice head shake at 196! I made some changes so my front wouldn't get so lite on the top end and it helped. I went 201.1 mph by mid day Sunday. At that point it was time to pack up and head back to Jersey... My front was still getting lite so now I've got some more work to do, some sensers to configure, some more tunning, and I need some dyno time (my bike was running really fat). If all goes well everything will be set for September! This was all done at stock length, stock height, foot shifted, all motor.

Here's a winter pic of my bike (brake levers installed, nitrous removed, fuel system done):

home made dash (don't laugh... lol)

at the event fresh out of the trailer

tech inspection (the inspecter Todd is a buddy. He also has a record for over 200 on a no fairing (naked) turbo busa:

some pics from the event... more to come

and an on board video of what it's liekk to make a run there...
http://www.nickslick.com/VIDEOS/DAVEORUN.wmv
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Last edited by Commuta_Busa; 04-07-2006 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuta_Busa
I know there aren't many (if any) interested in this sorta stuff but for me it's like crack!
Are you kidding?! This shit is hardcore man...keep it comin

You got a PM.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

You broke 200 with no extras? WELL DONE

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 04-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

pimp

Old 04-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

yes. I went down so I would be pre-qualified for the September event, to see how my gearing was, and to see how things went with the changes I made over the winter. My brakes were awesome! The feel is like...well... lets say really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocRob
You broke 200 with no extras? WELL DONE
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 04-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Nice Ken..that is damn fast!

Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Cakes206
The Solution

Ken, check your PM's.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #8
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

right back at cha'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Ken, check your PM's.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila

that shit is crazy, i would love to check something like that out....i've gone as fast as 176 and i thought that was fuckin nuts i can't even imagine 201, in that distance

Old 04-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Holly sheep bro. How the hell am i suppose to catch you now when you pass me on the turnpike?

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
Cakes206
The Solution

I remember waaay back on a group ride...think we were all on 287s by NY...I still had the gix6 (pre frankinbike) wailin at like 150, I get passed by this bike like I was sittin still...yea, it was Commuta

Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 AM   #12
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

shhhhh.. (ridding two up with my son on the back)... the good ol' days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
I remember waaay back on a group ride...think we were all on 287s by NY...I still had the gix6 (pre frankinbike) wailin at like 150, I get passed by this bike like I was sittin still...yea, it was Commuta