Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 11-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
Lazarus
Burnout

John since you have no financial obligiation, ie your name isn't and wasn't on the contract I would see if they would work with you. The last thing a bank wants is a trailer, they want money, same with a car or a bike so they are often willing to work with you other than that they have to send it to a repo auction probably. I would talk to them to see if you could get the late payments waived since its not your fault, you are 3rd party as far as they are concern. Also ask them if they would give you a deal if you paid cash outright vs financing although if you financed it would allow them to make some money back. I'd even agree to a higher interest rate if they waived that $500 and then pay it off next statement.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Sorry to hear John. I learned that lesson with a good family friend a couple years ago on 600rr. Payments weren't even a $100 a month and next thing I know repo man is at my door looking for him and the bike.

Lazarus makes some good points though. See if the bank will work with you. If they repo the trailer and it goes to auction they are certainly going to lose money on the deal. Also, Sheffield Financial Corp is only about a half hour from me so if you need anyone to make a face to face with the lender just let me know.

Last edited by FigNewTon; 11-29-2009 at 08:20 PM..