Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #16
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
so good you are in something
Doh be nice to jimmy hes very happy he has his sweatshirt back

Tom

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
breeze
Up Chuck

waiting on the track report...... multiple ambulance rides and how many red flags??????
C.C.S.#323
METRIC DEVIL MOTO RACING
supported by: TPM/Heroic/Pirelli/Penske/Full Spectrum

Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
waiting on the track report...... multiple ambulance rides and how many red flags??????
A guy in group 2 apparently highsided prety bad after the left hander after the bridge. As i rode by he was down and wasnt moving at all. Still waiting ot hear what happened and if hes ok.

Tom

Old 10-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
breeze
Up Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
A guy in group 2 apparently highsided prety bad after the left hander after the bridge. As i rode by he was down and wasnt moving at all. Still waiting ot hear what happened and if hes ok.

Tom
my friend... believe it or not........ he was knocked out pretty good.... he actually cracked his helmet in 3 spots( will post pic later) the WORST ive ever seen a helmet

other than that he just needed a couple stitches in his finger..
he was released from hospital last nite.....
im good shape to be honest...... he has no memory of the crash or the day ... doesnt even remember going to the track

i just want to see what joe thought of his first absolute day.......
C.C.S.#323
METRIC DEVIL MOTO RACING
supported by: TPM/Heroic/Pirelli/Penske/Full Spectrum

Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

The day itself was ok...could of been better than what it was to no fault other than the riders. I feel Roy has a good approach, and he really seems to have his heart in it with wanting to provide a solid track day. With that said, theres only so much Roy or any track day org can do to keep crashes to a minimum. Once the marshal lets us out, the outcome of the session at hand is up to us. IMHO, a lot of it has to do with where it is. Geographically speaking, NJMP has become the "new pocono." Also, Lightning is not that easy of a track to ride. It can definitely be tricky to an inexperienced rider, personally I'd rather run TBolt over Lightning any day.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #21
yb929rr
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
Also, Lightning is not that easy of a track to ride. It can definitely be tricky to an inexperienced rider, personally I'd rather run TBolt over Lightning any day.
any particular spots to watch out for? im gonna be there sunday.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #22
Jimmy
"We got a runner!"

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yb929rr View Post
any particular spots to watch out for? im gonna be there sunday.
Most of the crashes seemed to be at the left after the bridge (T7 ?). Not sure what the issue was. It's really not a difficult turn. Maybe it was the traffic.

The uphill right (T5 ?) can be tricky. My first time on lightning I was trying to go too fast through it. Kept running wide. Hated the turn. This time I took some advice and slowed down a bit through there. So much better. I think it's my favorite turn now. That is till I highside there of course

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #23
yb929rr
Skid Mark

well i did my first day there yesterday. over all i liked it. the morning was kinda rough for me. but there werent to many crashes. and nothing that seemed to bad most of them seemed to be running off at turn 7 like jimmy said. they ran 4 groups so there was a bit of down time in between seesions but i just went to the bridge and watched blue group run. but since there werent to many crashes i feel we got good track time. big thanks to breeze for runing with me for a couple sessions and helping me out with lines and body position. i liked it a lot better after that. its def not tunderbolt but i'll be going again.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
froggert
Learner's Permit

t7 seems to have a lot of runoffs and crashes and i'm not sure why. it's not that tricky. i think riders are charging in, trying to late brake and end up thinking they can't make the turn. if you're trying to make a pass on a slower rider, it's safer to do it coming out of the turn rather than going in. there's also tons of room and a good passing area after t7 going into the lightbulb. just my 2 cents.