Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   VIR July 30th Doug Z (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279)

Student Driver 07-30-2006 04:58 PM

VIR July 30th Doug Z

Hey Doug Z, hope you're ok brother!

Cakes206 07-30-2006 06:20 PM

?????

CBRBob 07-30-2006 07:21 PM

Update: Doug Z broke his leg above the knee. I did not witness it but it looked like he slid the rear in the long left before the fish hook at VIR S and it hooked up and highsided him (my opinion on the resting place of Doug and his bike). Doug was sitting up and taking off his gloves and helmet but he was not getting up.
He has already had surgery and will be staying overnight(news from Jeff).

Unfortunately as well, Ralph (RCM78) was hit on the inside while at the apex at the top of the hill going down to the Oak Tree turn. The offending rider took full responsibility but Ralph unfortunately was driven off the track (if you know the turn it drops off pretty quickly). His bike had a slightly bent frame slider and a bent clutch lever along with some dirt and grass. His bike took the least of it. Ralph ended up with the sky/grass/sky view and landed with a broken left collarbone.
Best wishes for speedy recoveries to both!!

lu380 07-30-2006 07:40 PM

Best wishes and speedy recovery, Doug and Ralph. Keep us posted on their recovery.

IrocRob 07-30-2006 07:47 PM

Damn - I hope both Doug and Ralph have a complete and speedy recovery.

Doug crashed in T6, correct? The same turn that bit Hani back on Memorial Day weekend....

SAXON117 07-30-2006 07:51 PM

sorry to hear, hope both heal quickly.

JasonB 07-30-2006 09:42 PM

Get well soon Doug and Ralph..

Me and John went down as well....we both are ok...

I blame Irocrob for me going down...lol

CBRBob 07-30-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jase
Me and John went down as well...

On each other?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-.../ponchhomo.jpg

Taz 07-30-2006 10:19 PM

That sucks. I hope Doug and ralph get better soon.

Take care guys.

Cakes206 07-30-2006 11:15 PM

Oh man...that sucks...wish Doug and Ralphie boy a speedy recovery. What group was Ralph coaching when he got hit? Dave, I fixed the title, you had Aug which is what had me conflused :lol:

IrocRob 07-30-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Me and John went down as well....we both are ok...

Glad to hear you're both okay - WTF happened?

Quote:

I blame Irocrob for me going down...lol

:P So stop trying to keep up :P

Qetesh 07-30-2006 11:58 PM

Speedy recovery Ralph and Doug!!!!

TunerM 07-31-2006 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
Unfortunately as well, Ralph (RCM78) was hit on the inside while at the apex at the top of the hill going down to the Oak Tree turn. The offending rider took full responsibility but Ralph unfortunately was driven off the track (if you know the turn it drops off pretty quickly). His bike had a slightly bent frame slider and a bent clutch lever along with some dirt and grass. His bike took the least of it. Ralph ended up with the sky/grass/sky view and landed with a broken left collarbone.
Best wishes for speedy recoveries to both!!

I was there the day before and went off in that turn too. I came with too much speed up the straight and wasn't paying attention to my turn in spot and missed my apex by like 5 feet heading right off the track. Im Ok just twisted my pinky and hurt my ego:( But I did have a good day, I cant wait to get back out to the track.

Speedy recovery Ralph and Doug!

Wishes 07-31-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
Oh man...that sucks...wish Doug and Ralphie boy a speedy recovery. What group was Ralph coaching when he got hit? Dave, I fixed the title, you had Aug which is what had me conflused :lol:

Blue Group

Ant 07-31-2006 06:50 AM

Dug you're a fag but man, that sucks and I hope you feel better soon!