Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Accidents (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1610)

PitsVtec 12-16-2005 11:11 AM

Accidents

So I'm on my way to work this morning and as soon as I pull out of my street, there's an accident. I drive past it, and then a few lights down, it's my turn. Yep, I got rear ended! My bumper isn't dented, just the girls' license plate is scratched in it. My bumper has been replaced/fixed 3 times since I've had this car. I'm upset b/c no matter how hard you try to keep a nice car, it just doesn't work.

Just about a week ago, my neighbor, who can't drive for the life of her, backed up into Mark's car and scratched it as well with her big ass Suburban with a hitch on it. We watched her move her car and take her own garbage cans twice in 5 minutes, and another time she or her husband swiped the other neighbors' van and their friends' van as well.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE BE MORE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vin 12-16-2005 11:21 AM

It's the season. My brother-in-law had his car totalled Tuesday night (no injuries, thankfully) and I witnessed a three car accident Wednesday night on 6th Avenue in the city.

People are morons.

Ant 12-16-2005 11:25 AM

Oh wow, I thought you meant like when you try to let out a fart and shit your pants.

Sorry about the car, my car recently go sideswipped in a parking lot if it makes you feel better.

tommymac 12-16-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin
It's the season. My brother-in-law had his car totalled Tuesday night (no injuries, thankfully) and I witnessed a three car accident Wednesday night on 6th Avenue in the city.

People are morons.

True but some of these morons are making me a lot of money. I took care of 2 guys who crashed into a parked car becasue the drivers glasses fell off and him and his passenger looked down to find them and BOOM

Tom

Vin 12-16-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
True but some of these morons are making me a lot of money. I took care of 2 guys who crashed into a parked car becasue the drivers glasses fell off and him and his passenger looked down to find them and BOOM

Tom

I'd guess that the morons and darwin award winners will keep you perpetually employed. They have no purpose for me other than mere entertainment.

PitsVtec 12-16-2005 11:31 AM

Well the funny part is the cop who I thought was responding to us, told us to pull off into the CVS. We did and then the cop who actually came was pulling over to us and this dumb bitch goes and cuts him off - nearly side-swipping her own car on the front of his bumper. The cop got mad and asked for her info and it turns out that she had an expired registration and that her car would be towed and she'd be ticketed...the cop also knew a friend of mine, who used to ride and that cop rides as well. I was like yeah, BIKERS WHOOOOAAA!!! LOL...so at least something funny happened....

tommymac 12-16-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin
I'd guess that the morons and darwin award winners will keep you perpetually employed. They have no purpose for me other than mere entertainment.

Well there will always be a need for emergency medicine so I am good to go there, and working at the rehab place is like free money. The doc I directly work for makes around 8 to 10k per case between the initial eval and all the outpatient referrals we have to do. Worst part now is I prety much run the office and he shows up once a month to do the accounting and sign off on my charts and he just laughs all the way to the bank.

Whats even worse is they turn away a lot of patients becasue of the problems with ins fraud. His take on it is there plenty of money to be made so why take the extra risk by getting greedy.

Tom

jcblitz 12-16-2005 11:36 AM

I just moved down to the philly area and I can't believe there aren't more accidents. These people treat stop lights like yields and stop signs like 15mph signs. And what drives me nuts is how they take turns at intersections. They're constantly crossing the center line on the other lane.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/7085/philly1ge.jpg

CBRBob 12-16-2005 03:54 PM

The reason for most of this....

People need to TURN THEIR FRACKING HEAD!

Thank you.

High_Revs_17 12-16-2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcblitz

Damn that big black turd doesn't know how to make a left turn?! :crazy:

High_Revs_17 12-16-2005 03:55 PM

Sorry Pits...but women can't drive for shit in general! :ohmygod:

PitsVtec 12-16-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Sorry Pits...but women can't drive for shit in general! :ohmygod:

Do you want another broken leg? I bet I can drive better than you, damn gimp! :lmao:

High_Revs_17 12-16-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitsVtec
I bet I can drive better than you

Whatever shorty...when I heal up I'll take ya on 650 in the cages, put your pedal where you mouth is...btw, watch out for those wreckless turds in Philly. :P

PitsVtec 12-16-2005 04:57 PM

And who has the sports car here??

soda7o 12-16-2005 05:38 PM

youguys woudl allhate me than...
BTW JCBlitz.. thats nothing...yougot to see what they (i) do in the city 5 borough area.. those philly drivers are angels compared to us

btw sorry pits