Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > On The Dyno
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

06 GSXR-600
Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Default 06 GSXR-600

So since Xtreme's dyno has been down forever I went off in search of another Factory Pro EC997 dyne that I could have my bike tuned on (found one at High Velocity in Montgomery NY). I just prefer them over Dynojets for various reasons that we don't need to rehash

Anyway, the bike has Full Yoshimura Ti R-55 system, Factory Pro v-stacks, GSXRTUNE.com unlocked ECU, K&N filter, Bazzaz ZFI-TC.

I wish I had a baseline run before I did the mods but all I have is tuned and untuned runs. So only about 2-3 HP additional a peak, but some big dips in the mid and upper-mid were fixed.

106HP on a Factory Pro is about 120HP on a Dynojet give or take since they skew the numbers.

So according to them, 106hp is a pretty healthy 600: http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Last edited by SPL170db; 09-16-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
ronaldo9
Benedict Arnold

Send a message via AIM to ronaldo9

Yup sounds about right. I'm sure the power delivery will be nice and smooth. Good stuff Kaz. Can that shop tune a YEC ecu?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9 View Post
Yup sounds about right. I'm sure the power delivery will be nice and smooth. Good stuff Kaz. Can that shop tune a YEC ecu?

Dunno, give them a ring and ask for Mike. But I honestly don't know of too many shops that tune a YEC. Most people I've talked to just tend to go with a piggyback unit for fuel control.

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Well, looks like I should've waited on Xtreme way back then, lol. After I blew my motor at the end of last year and replaced it with a donor motor I figured I'd have it retuned back at Xtreme and holy crap look what happened. Apparently High Velocity left alot on the table (red is the baseline run with their old custom map, blue is the one Tommy at Xtreme just made me). Xtreme will always be my go to for tuning from here on out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1553.jpg
Views:	1923
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	7007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1555.jpg
Views:	1937
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	7008  

CCS AM 478

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 03-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
ronaldo9
Benedict Arnold

Send a message via AIM to ronaldo9

I've always heard there dynos read a little high but damn that's a HUGE gain after the tune. Are you using pump gas or race fuel? Stock motor or supersport build? Either way good luck this year Kaz.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9 View Post
I've always heard there dynos read a little high but damn that's a HUGE gain after the tune. Are you using pump gas or race fuel? Stock motor or supersport build? Either way good luck this year Kaz.

It does read high, and the reason is because they give their customers the Dynojet calculated estimate of what the Factory Pro dyno number equates to. Factory Pro measures true HP (which is typically lower than what most people are expecting to hear). When Xtreme first started giving out dyno results their customers weren't happy, so now they just give out the DJ calculated number. The true HP number that my bike peaked at was 109hp (green printout below). But even that is pretty healthy for a 600 based on what I found on that link to their site up there.

Nothing special about the motor, its just a stock donor motor with the same mods as up top (I just sent out my injectors to be cleaned and flow-matched over the winter). Fuel is just normal 93 pump. Tommy said the old custom map in there wasn't not done very well, bike felt rough and dead in the low and low-midrange.

To be honest I'm not really concerned with either the DJ or FP numbers, what I'm interested in is that sizable chunk of HP and torque that Tommy coaxed out of the motor all across the powerband but especially up top. I can't wait to get this thing out there and see how it feel anew.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg
Views:	1920
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	7009  

CCS AM 478

-- Dwight Schrute

Last edited by SPL170db; 03-23-2013 at 09:06 PM..