Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #31
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

Al Sharpton is a waste of life. He saves me $100's a year on electricity though, so I have to give him props. Any time I see him or hear him on my tv, radio, or whatever, I instantly turn it off. It used to just be funny to hear what kind of shit he was backing at that particular moment. Now he only shows up when something is going to get massive attention. He's also a complete idiot... he asks a question or says something, someone makes a great response to him, and he says something that just dismisses the fact that he was just called out on being wrong. He told Imus that he was going to end up getting off the hook unscathed... Imus came back and said, "you think everything is okay? I regret saying what I said, but I'm still under fire for it." Of course, that's not a full transcript, but it was something to that effect. If Sharpton wanted to do something productive, he should shove his head into a toilet and leave it there for a while. Now, he might be well respected in the communities he chimes in on (when the cameras are rolling), but if he truly wanted to make a difference in the world, he would take a step back and realize everyone else sees him as a joke who's rich from other people's money and gets tax breaks for his title as a reverand. Useless bastard.

Tawana Brawley... however you spell it... bitch RUINED a white dude's life who had never met the girl before because she didn't want to get in trouble for coming home late... I mean, absolutly RUINED this dude's life. You think Sharpton apologized for anything when the truth finally came out? No, he disappeared and disassociated himself from the story. I had to hear about it like every day because I live in Poughkeepsie, and it was sickening. Speeches out front of city hall, etc. Bitch should have been locked up, sued, and locked up again... and Sharpton and his cronies should give that dude MILLIONS for securing the fact that he was labled a sex offender for YEARS.

I understand Imus being fired, but it's to do with the fact that his sponsors backed out, because they saw that guests were backing out, who saw that they might be connected to Imus if they continued with the interview. Americans need to stop being pussies about every stupid little political argument. Hopefully someone will pick up Imus... shit, he's going to die in a few years anyway. I don't know, all of those morning shows kind of suck in my opinion anyway.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #32
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

I blame the rap music and shortly after I told A&O that this morning they read a great article about it. However, I can't remember the mans' name who wrote it. Any word?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #33
CBRBob
A 37 Production

His name is Rev......... LOL
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #34
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Retom...

why go back that far..

here you go.. somethign more recent..click

Old 04-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #35
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
I blame the rap music and shortly after I told A&O that this morning they read a great article about it. However, I can't remember the mans' name who wrote it. Any word?
Wait do you mean you told o&a meaning opie and anthony? I heard a Krystal call from NJ this morning but didn't think it was you.

But i know the article is from a reporter in Kansas City. I'll try to find it now.

***Update***
Just found the article and i encourage everyone to read this. The guy makes quite a few good points.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Quote:
Imus isn’t the real bad guy
Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.
By JASON WHITLOCK - Columnist

Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

I ain’t saying Jesse, Al and Vivian are gold-diggas, but they don’t have the heart to mount a legitimate campaign against the real black-folk killas.

It is us. At this time, we are our own worst enemies. We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike Lupica blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had.

Somehow, we’re supposed to believe that the comments of a man with virtually no connection to the sports world ruined Rutgers’ wonderful season. Had a broadcaster with credibility and a platform in the sports world uttered the words Imus did, I could understand a level of outrage.

But an hourlong press conference over a man who has already apologized, already been suspended and is already insignificant is just plain intellectually dishonest. This is opportunism. This is a distraction.

In the grand scheme, Don Imus is no threat to us in general and no threat to black women in particular. If his words are so powerful and so destructive and must be rebuked so forcefully, then what should we do about the idiot rappers on BET, MTV and every black-owned radio station in the country who use words much more powerful and much more destructive?

I don’t listen or watch Imus’ show regularly. Has he at any point glorified selling crack cocaine to black women? Has he celebrated black men shooting each other randomly? Has he suggested in any way that it’s cool to be a baby-daddy rather than a husband and a parent? Does he tell his listeners that they’re suckers for pursuing education and that they’re selling out their race if they do?

When Imus does any of that, call me and I’ll get upset. Until then, he is what he is — a washed-up shock jock who is very easy to ignore when you’re not looking to be made a victim.

No. We all know where the real battleground is. We know that the gangsta rappers and their followers in the athletic world have far bigger platforms to negatively define us than some old white man with a bad radio show. There’s no money and lots of danger in that battle, so Jesse and Al are going to sit it out.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call (816) 234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #36
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

personally, I think all this bullshit has done is further segregate races and cause more animosity... the american public is so fucking stupid, it makes me sick.. everyone likes to jump on the band wagon when it suits them.. when the hell are people gonna start standing up for whats right and not whats popular?? when are people gonna take responsiblity for things instead of blaming others or making bullshit excuses.

Im going to look for reasons to be offended from now on and start shit.

<--- hey!! theres a black cow!! wheres the white one??? im offended as a white man!! I demand a white cow!!!

i cant beleive he got fired for this crap... pussies

Old 04-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #37
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

I watched this clip again and the other guys in the background also said some derogatory remarks and nothing was done about it, ratings or not this crap's gone on long enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui1jP...elated&search=

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #38
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000R View Post
<--- hey!! theres a black cow!! wheres the white one??? im offended as a white man!! I demand a white cow!!!

Hey Cakes...get right on that!

What a bunch of bull shit. Now, the only thing funny about Imus is the way O&A bust on him, but let the guy keep his job for cryn out loud.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #39
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

So far every article I've read supported Imus. Most of them said he shouldn't have said what he did, but they all said him being fired and the backlash from this is ridiculous and more harmful than anything. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Yes I understand there are "more important" things going on now, but this single event has sparked an unspoken (at least not wildly published) hypocrisy that has been going on for years and has boiled over. It's actually pretty significant.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #40
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz View Post
So far every article I've read supported Imus. Most of them said he shouldn't have said what he did, but they all said him being fired and the backlash from this is ridiculous and more harmful than anything. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Yes I understand there are "more important" things going on now, but this single event has sparked an unspoken (at least not wildly published) hypocrisy that has been going on for years and has boiled over. It's actually pretty significant.
He got fired from CBS today.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #41
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Bye Bye Imus

This is the dumbest thing to happen on radio. Our society is filled with cowards.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #42
Gigantic
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Gigantic Send a message via Yahoo to Gigantic

What i find ironic is that here in Philly, the local hip-hop station, http://www.1003thebeatphilly.com/home.asp does a skit every week on the morning show called "White Girl Tuesdays" where they make fun of white women. sometimes they make fun of white guys who date black women or black folks who date whites, etc. These people still have their jobs! actually, I really don't care- I think it's funny; Imus's biggest crime was that his joke wasn't funny- He picked the wrong target. that kind of humor only works against people that hold a relative position of power. You could rag on Sharpton for instance...
TPM Coach #108
TPM Social Media Marketing Director
Team Pro-Motion TrackdayMag.com Celtic Racing Chicken Hawk Racing Rebel Girl Racing

Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #43
fire83tug
Short Shifter

Can you believe the outrage if Rutgers had acually WON the championship. They got a beatdown, they lost, they came in second, they were the first losers. Or is that part of the problem? They lost, and so forth, you can't pick on the team who loses, we are all winners, we are all special, give em a group hug for giving it all the were worth and just coming up a little short. AAAWWWw, too bad. What a farce. They lost the title game. All the Duke lacrosse team lost was a whole season and all credibility. The good ole Reverand(s) and their sheep were all over that one too. But we all know how that ended up now don't we. Want to help your cause? Stop reinforcing the biggotry and stereotypes that you so campaign against. Call a spade a spade, and stop calling the kettle black (pun intended).

Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #44
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i View Post
Wait do you mean you told o&a meaning opie and anthony? I heard a Krystal call from NJ this morning but didn't think it was you.

But i know the article is from a reporter in Kansas City. I'll try to find it now.

***Update***
Just found the article and i encourage everyone to read this. The guy makes quite a few good points.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html
Yes that was me and thank you...I wanted to point the article out....it made too much sense!!!!!

I was discussing this with my co-worker (a very nice African American man) and he said Star from the Star & Buckwild show got fired for saying something about his white ex-girlfriends' child. He thought it was fair. I didn't know about that but I do not like Star & Buckwild for their comments about Aaliyah's death, nor do I like Imus. So whatever....It's gotten too much press, but I still do think the music that is made to influence our younger generation to do illegal things needs to be eliminated!

Last edited by PitsVtec; 04-13-2007 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #45
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
Yes that was me and thank you...I wanted to point the article out....it made too much sense!!!!!

I was discussing this with my co-worker (a very nice African American man) and he said Star from the Star & Buckwild show got fired for saying something about his white ex-girlfriends' child. He thought it was fair. I didn't know about that but I do not like Star & Buckwild for their comments about Aaliyah's death, nor do I like Imus. So whatever....It's gotten too much press, but I still do think the music that is made to influence our younger generation to do illegal things needs to be eliminated!
What got Star canned was it was about raping a rival Dj's young child or something along those lines. John Liu a NYC councilman who has it in for him lead the charge on that one.

If you think all this stuff is tense now wait a few months till the Sean Bell trial starts, that will likley tear the city apart.

Tom

Last edited by tommymac; 04-13-2007 at 01:12 PM..