Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

NJMP poll - July 27-28
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default NJMP poll - July 27-28

Did you guys see the email yet? What do you think about it?

It seemed like it was committing you to cancel your registered day. I was confused by the wording of the "no" response so I called TPM. They said if the majority says yes, they'll probably add the 4th group and give those who said "no" an opportunity to get a refund if they wanted to really cancel.

My other question was about what was the 4th group going to be. I was told that it will be a "yellow group" which will be a mix of both red and white group riders.

I thought these were 2 key pieces of information that was left out of the poll.

I'm personally OK with the 4 groups but it seems unfair to the ppl who signed up and paid months ago who will now have less track time. And I'm a little concerned about the red/white mixed group. It seems to me it would be safe to mix red and blue groups together.

Concerning the upcoming July 25 – 27 New Jersey Motorsports Track Events.

Dear Member,

Many of you who are registered have been waiting anxiously so long for this track to become a reality. Its been years of talk and know finally we are about to get a world class race track facility almost in our back yards! The registration has been extremely aggressive and now many friends have been placed in our wait list as our primary riding groups are now full. As we have done in past, we have felt to take these riders in and open a fourth group of riding. For multiple reasons this works for the club and those waiting rejoice in that they too can participate.

Now, the fact is that a quality track day is still in order, and yes, we do understand there is a bit more patience needed between sessions. We understand how we all would like to be a bit selfish and not allow the other group. But I would like to point out that when you yourself are placed on the wait list (and we see this all the time) and you really want to ride bad, somehow it seems ok and even a welcome addition for us to create the fourth group so that you can now ride.

We are now considering the idea of adding a fourth riding group to the July weekend event at NJMP. Some of you consider that the addition of a fourth group is made solely for financial reasons. While it is true this generates additional revenue and helps offset the high cost of putting together track days, it is not as clear cut as some might think. We get calls every single day from those members asking to please find them space to participate by "squeezing them in," "changing their skill group," or opening another group; and many of these riders are friends of someone like yourself who has made it into the event. Honestly, having to constantly say no and disappoint people can be discouraging if not down right depressing......

So please, we ask YOU to HELP us MAKE the DECISION. Tell us what YOU THINK, and want us to do on this issue.

If you say:

Yes – its ok to add the fourth riding group and I will stay and participate

Or

NO – its not ok for a fourth group at NJMP. If you add a fourth group, I would like a credit or refund on my weekend.

Again, we appreciate your participation and hopefully would like everyone to have fun with us all at the tracks!

YOUR feedback on this issue is VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE, respond with comments ASAP.

Marc Frank
Director of Operations
Team Pro-Motion, Inc
www.teampromotion.com
215-675-6677
HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO!

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 06-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

I'm on the waiting list for 7/26, weather or not on the waiting list, I always said there should/could be another group at some tracks. I was in the position whereas I was on a waiting list and didn't get in, and it didn't kill me, but then again I was a little upset over the matter. But then again, when I was riding and seen other people waiting and didn't get it, their look on their face also bothered me.

It happened in the past to, they made a 4th group and everybody was happy, but will they so something about the track day event fee.? will they get some what lower if they do create a 4th group.?

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 06-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

in retrospect having 4 groups to begin with should have been the way to go honestly.

I dont see any problems mixing red/white, mostly because the passing rules are the same, and these are the two groups that usually fill up first anyway.

The message certainly needed some proofreading, but I understood what they are trying to do.

While I can understand most people not wanting to lose tracktime, I can also see where there are also a lot of people that would like to spend this weekend with friends who were not able to get in. White was full the first week of may for a late July trackday, and I believe red filled up shortly after. I doubt TPM has ever experienced that.

I vote YES! (altho I am waitlisted, so I cant vote, booo!)

Old 06-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
mowshweettea
Short Shifter

I signed up months ago as well in red, Im now in blue but cant move to my new group bc its already full. I voted yes to allow the 4th group regardless. If they run longer in the day you should get your session(s) back that you miss by taking 5 min away from each session. I also asked if maybe they would lower the registration fee for days they run 4 groups since we have less track time... all just ideas but either way im willing to get on the track regardless of what happens

Eric

2005 Honda CBR 1000RR

Old 06-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
PERT1905
Learner's Permit

I agree, I think if they do add a group they should run the day longer. I really don't care about the reduced rate, TPM always does what they can to provide it's members with a lot of track time so I'm sure they'll hook us up some how.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
extreme78
Short Shifter

I voted yes to the 4th group. See you guys out there.
TPM Coach #08

Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

the question is what will the 4th group be? Seems if they just add another red or white group it wouldnt be fair to the people waiting in the other groups. Mixing red and white cn be sketchy too with soem realy slow white riders and and some red guys that are almost blue group pace. Also its anew track that no one has any experience on so you would hope it slows people down some at first, but that coul dbe another factor to consider.

I have to go to pittsburgh for a wedding that weekend anyway so icant go, but will be there on the 16th and 17th

Tom

Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
Jimmy
"We got a runner!"

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
the question is what will the 4th group be?
I would think it'll be 2 white groups like they do at pocono $$$

Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I would think it'll be 2 white groups like they do at pocono $$$
Unless theres a large amount of red group guys on the waitlist. Didnt they make 2 red groups at other track days.

I think no matter what it wont be fair for everyone.

Tom

Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Heres the E-Mail I got back

Well, we have a lot of questions so I'm going to rebroadcast to all in hopes that I can cover most at one shot.

1. A decision has NOT been made as yet, either to open a forth group or not. We are ASKING, NOT telling....

2. IF, a forth group is opened, we are considering a combined white/red group as this is the majority of riders on the wait list. White group riders will be required to have ridden at least 2 days this year (not be a nubie) and the group will run white group rules.

3. IF, a fourth group is added, we will extend the operational time to 6pm

4. A fourth group would still be kept members only, we are not considering adding "guests" at all for this weekend

5. IF, we accommodate the wait list, you WILL have to option to withdraw for a FULL refund or still come and enjoy the ride! IF, we go to a four group rotation and you wish to withdraw, an email or call to the office would be required, it would not be automatic.

6. YOUR opinion counts, yes or no will NOT be held against anyone!!!! Honest answers, please folks. (a couple of emails indicated that some might feel that if they answer any way but yes, they would be removed from the date(s)... THIS IS NOT THE INTENT. WE ARE ASKING FOR YOUR HELP IN DECIDING HOW TO HANDLE A TOUGH DECISION....

Folks,
for what it's worth, believe us (me) or not... adding a fourth group is NOT a money maker as many feel. By the time we cover the additional operational expenses of the track (when they allow us to PURCHASE more time at premium ((track, insurance, EMS, workers, etc, etc, etc)), it's honestly not "worth" the extra effort in terms of $$ made vs effort put out. No BS, the payoff is in a good day for all who attend..

Hope that clears some of your questions.
Best regards,

Marc Frank
Director of Operations
Team Pro-Motion, Inc
www.teampromotion.com

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin_01r1 View Post
I was told that it will be a "yellow group" which will be a mix of both red and white group riders.

Someone say Yellow group?

TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 06-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

Niceeee , i will sign up as soon as they open

Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I just wish that they got some more days at NJMP and this would probably not be an issue right now.
That and the cost of fuel keeping us nearer to home now, not NJMP is becoming very attractive.
I voted yes, but it still costs people who've paid in advance track time and probably more crowding within each group.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #14
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

I am sure NJMP has every available date for this season booked. I havent looked to see if they have a schedule posted online, but between 4-5 motorcycle organizations (TPM, NESBA, STT, Absolute, NYSBC) and numerous car clubs, I sure TPM tried to get as many days as they could.

As a business TPM also needs to keep an eye on the bottom line. Doing more NJMP may mean sacrificing Pocono days which they _may_ have a larger profit margin on ( I don't know the costs associated for running an event at each track).

Next year with April, May and June available, I am sure they will have plenty of days to choose from.