Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

What's the big deal about cross breeding Pugs?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:00 AM   #1
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Default What's the big deal about cross breeding Pugs?

Jug, Puggle...what's next, a Pitpug? Pugollie? I hate those little rat dogs that look like they got smashed in the face with a frying pan, they should never be permitted to cross breed with any good looking breed.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 12-02-2005, 07:08 AM   #2
benellis
Burnout

yeah, they're stupid. Dogs like that always seem to have health problems down the road.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by benellis
yeah, they're stupid. Dogs like that always seem to have health problems down the road.
Actually, they cross breed them to prevent health problems. Some pure breed dogs are predisposed to having health related issues, so by cross breeding them you can try to cancel out the health problems but still maintain the traits of the dog....I think.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
vice86
Skid Mark

i can't hellp but chuckle when i hear "puggle"

Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Any unusual breeding?
No, mostly doggie style.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #6
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Pugs are the shit.. i have a pug... i have ablack one so he sinot fdt but he does wheeze snees and snort and snore.. but thats whats cool about him...heis relaly smard and cool dog. also a good housepet . only thing he doe snot liek is his folds cleaned but hey he has to deal with it...

illmake sure gizmo humps your bad leg when he sees you for sayign crap like that......

Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

I can't stand that they made dogs a fad, but I think animals are cute, cudly, wudly little things.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec
I can't stand that they made dogs a fad
YES! I guess people got tired of buying the latest jeans! lol

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

hey.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
Liltenatattoo
lil wiggle

Send a message via AIM to Liltenatattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Liltenatattoo
Default hey.

my friend had 2 jugs, i used to have a jack russell, so i love the lil jugs when i saw them. They had bodies and faces like jack russells but with the brown and black marking of the pug. it was the cutest thing in the world!! and i want one! so to u ron hahaha if u don't like it, don't get one! lol :omg:

Old 12-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltenatattoo
my friend had 2 jugs
I like jugs...were they nice?!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 12-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #11
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltenatattoo
my friend had 2 jugs, i used to have a jack russell, so i love the lil jugs when i saw them. They had bodies and faces like jack russells but with the brown and black marking of the pug. it was the cutest thing in the world!! and i want one! so to u ron hahaha if u don't like it, don't get one! lol :omg:
was it at least calmer than a full blood jack? Those dogs are just way to hyper for me.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 12-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #12
benellis
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz
Actually, they cross breed them to prevent health problems. Some pure breed dogs are predisposed to having health related issues, so by cross breeding them you can try to cancel out the health problems but still maintain the traits of the dog....I think.
Yeah, you're right, I the chemicals in my brain were unbalanced at the time I was reading it. MY bad.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
its also about money too since some of these newer breeds are in such high demand they are quite expensive. It has been like that in the reptile world for years. Its all about supply and demand, there were/are some snakes that go for 20K a pop right now but that price will drasticly go down in a few years. The only thing with the dogs is their prices seem to remain constant from what I have seen.

Tom

Old 12-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #14
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac
its also about money too since some of these newer breeds are in such high demand they are quite expensive. It has been like that in the reptile world for years. Its all about supply and demand, there were/are some snakes that go for 20K a pop right now but that price will drasticly go down in a few years. The only thing with the dogs is their prices seem to remain constant from what I have seen.

Tom
My girl friend and I were in the mall pet store last year and they had a ton of these "hybrids" as the lady called them. I asked her where she got the balls to charge $600 for a mutt. She then explained basically what you said, the supply for them was high, and they're selling so they keep raising the price. Personally, my $30 dog from the pound is perfect and I won't ever buy a dog from a puppy mill, I mean pet store.

Minarchism

Old 12-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #15
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
My girl friend and I were in the mall pet store last year and they had a ton of these "hybrids" as the lady called them. I asked her where she got the balls to charge $600 for a mutt. She then explained basically what you said, the supply for them was high, and they're selling so they keep raising the price. Personally, my $30 dog from the pound is perfect and I won't ever buy a dog from a puppy mill, I mean pet store.
They always hype up stuff like that too or say its going to be a good breeder so you think you got some sort of special animal. Plus most animals in the big mall pet stores/ petco type stores are poorly cared for anyway and Way overpriced. For dogs and cats it may not be too bad but for the fish and exotics they usualy dont have anyone who truly knows how to care for them.

Tom