Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > Suspension, Tires, Handling
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Fork springs are sold in pairs. $98.00 is a good price for a pair . But, unless they are doing goldvalves, $400.00 sounds aweful expensive. It isn't that labor Intensive to change fork springs, inverted or not.

you gotta figure: $98.00 FORK SPRINGS
$12.00 FORK OIL

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #17
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78
I know the guys at Absolute and I've delt with Ron at WCW. Neither shop will rip you off but at that weight you will need to respring your front forks and then reset the front ride height. I'm 230 and my front forks have 1.0kg springs.

If your just cruising around on the street then you could probably adjust the stock stuff to feel better but it still wont be right...
i dunno about absolute cause there was already one incident where they almost did rip me off. luckily a friend of mine hooked me up right on time. they had wanted a lil under 1k for a set of sharkskinz street kit, minus front fender and under tail draft plate. i contacted indysuperbikes and they wanted only $890. and guy i met on the r6 board hooked me up and paid only about $700. not for nothing but when sharkskinz themselves dont charge 900 for a street kit how does a retailer do so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes35
Sigh... im fat.

I weight about 280lbs... and i spent 338 dollars on suspension springs front and rear -- just did my first track day on them, and WOW what a difference... just get it done, u'll be doing yourself a favor.
where did you get it done?? WCW or somewhere else?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #18
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

now is a good time to lose some weight...that's what i'm doing...

I checked out absolute cycles...place is a decent size..they have no stock and thier customer service SUCKS...we were tehre walking around and not one hi or hello can i help you..all of them looked at us like we had a dick stuck to our foreheads..sorry ron but i had a bad first experienced there and I will not recommend that place.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #19
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

just got off the phone with Ron @ WCW. he recommends me to go and get the normal suspension adjustment and see how i feel afterwards and then make a decision on whether or not i should have my bike redone. he also mentioned that if i was going to get the forks resprung/revalved, i would also have to do the rear and the total cost would run about 1500. just doing the front would make my bike harder to turn without doing the rear. i would have to say even though it will take me an hour+ to get out there this dude is definitely worth the trip, atleast he is willing to do a minor adjustment before he lays the vaseline on my ass.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #20
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ83

where did you get it done?? WCW or somewhere else?

www.speedwerks.com

Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #21
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

dam delaware is like 3 hours out.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #22
Xracer264
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Xracer264 Send a message via Yahoo to Xracer264

Quote:
just got off the phone with Ron @ WCW. he recommends me to go and get the normal suspension adjustment and see how i feel afterwards and then make a decision on whether or not i should have my bike redone. he also mentioned that if i was going to get the forks resprung/revalved, i would also have to do the rear and the total cost would run about 1500. just doing the front would make my bike harder to turn without doing the rear. i would have to say even though it will take me an hour+ to get out there this dude is definitely worth the trip, atleast he is willing to do a minor adjustment before he lays the vaseline on my ass.
Great idea RonJ83. I was going to suggest that. Get it set with the stock springs and see how it feels. If this really limits the adjustiblilty then change the front and rear springs.

"Me and Max we no like" Valentino Rossi in "Faster"

Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #23
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:

yeah i'm sure you'll see enough of a difference where you won't dump 1500 bux.that's a lot...most bikes are turned for 200lb people but i dunno...let us know what happend...if u want ron we'll take a ride out with you

Old 04-18-2006, 11:11 AM   #24
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

yea im going to check the weather tomorrow and get the forcast for the upcomming 3 days, hopefully i can make a run before the weekend comes around.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #25
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

So the other shop was willing to do a service on your bike without thinking of how it will negatively effect the bike's overall handling...figures...

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #26
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
So the other shop was willing to do a service on your bike without thinking of how it will negatively effect the bike's overall handling...figures...
yes i was really surprised because Absolute mentioned nothing about my rear shock other then "its current setup is ok for your weight"

Old 04-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #27
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

well i got it done today, and i gotta say it was worth the trip. my braking is ALOT better and the bike feels more planted. are for the controls, its just slightly better but better none the less. WCW is the place to go, damm why do they gotta be so far out!