Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

2007 Yamaha FZ6
Old 11-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Default 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Background:Riding for a little under a year now but have previous experience on dirt. Currently riding an 04 Kawasaki 500r. Loving it. Though feel like i'm pushing the 500 about as far as I safely can. Like to tear it up but not nessisarily "Holligan" style yet. More concerned with enjoying the ride, ie. getting a bigger bike under me for both comfort (longer trips) and highway riding, but still having enough power to jam in the turns. Not a tall person, so concered with seat height. Like the "naked"/ touring look. Plus, betting on Omy giving me a sweet deal...right buddy??

2007 Yamaha FZ: Looks like they really did a good job with it this year (see below for features.) But wondering if the 600 is enough of an upgrade to really notice the difference, at this point I can get on 287 and do 100, but its knocking my teeth loose...will a 600 make that much of a difference? Does a 600 rider feel the need to upgrade that quickly. Meaning, I knew when purchesing the 500, I was going to be looking to turn it over within about a year (which isnt somthing I want to do again.) I would want to keep the next bike for at least 4- 5 years. Can the 600 accomplish that need? Or should I be looking for something more like a 750? Not focused on the latest trend or style, got the 500 because as a beginer, it was the right thing to do, not regreting it for a second, it did its job. Though, I think the 1K will be a bit over my head.

Concerns: does not have front end suspention adjustments.

Any feedback.
No Rock, i'm not getting a BMW!!

Credit Yamaha.com for the following.
New for 2007:

* Even better finish quality of the upper fairing, frame, engine and swingarm back up the FZ6’s outstanding style and performance.
* Reprogramming/refining the fuel injection mapping produces smooth power and excellent response.
* A stylish new swingarm complements the bike’s Controlled Fill frame and adds to its light, precise feel.
* New, four-piston monoblock brake calipers up front provide excellent braking power and feel.
* High-tech instrument display (like the FZ1’s) features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, etc.—also a cool fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
* New passenger pegs are lower and made of aluminum for comfort and appearance.
* Redesigned fairing, windscreen and new, high-quality paint look great and reduce turbulence.
* New front fender and alumite-finished outer fork tubes add to the stye parade.
* A redesigned seat bottom and cover material feel soft but solid, and make it easier for shorter legs to reach the ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07fz6_red_4_9fc68175.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	3258  

Old 11-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Your only concern really isn't that big of a deal Pete. For about $500 WCW can install custom fork internals to suit your needs.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Unless you are going to be doing radical riding or track riding it really isn't needed...some people may feel the difference who are used to it. But coming from a 500 you won't notice it at all.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 11-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Chris, your telling be that i wont even notice the difference between a 500 & 600? Not even on the highway? Wow...im shocked.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

u can buy my 06 FZ6 with 200 miles on it for 6 g's
Team Pro-Motion Coach #300
CCS AM #300

Old 11-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker01 View Post
Chris, your telling be that i wont even notice the difference between a 500 & 600? Not even on the highway? Wow...im shocked.
Sorry Pete I wasn't being very clear. Coming from the squeshy suspension on the 500 the new 600 would feel like heaven to you. I meant you wouldn't probably notice at first the difference between adjustable and non adjustable front forks unless you are doing some serious leaning or track days.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 11-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

o ok.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I meant you wouldn't probably notice at first the difference between adjustable and non adjustable front forks unless you are doing some serious leaning or track days.
I have to disagree. The moment I left wcw from the first suspension tune they did to my first bike I noticed the difference instantaneously. A properly set up suspension is very important no matter what kind of riding one does. If the forks have no tuning, have them done to your weight, what a difference it'll make.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
I have to disagree. The moment I left wcw from the first suspension tune they did to my first bike I noticed the difference instantaneously. A properly set up suspension is very important no matter what kind of riding one does. If the forks have no tuning, have them done to your weight, what a difference it'll make.
If it makes such a differnce, why would manufacturers produce a bike without it? Dont they think it can cut sales down? Because ive heard so many great things about getting that adjustment made, i feel like i may be missing it if I get the FZ6.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
If it makes such a differnce, why would manufacturers produce a bike without it?
Keep the cost down.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:51 PM   #11
Rock712
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Rock712 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock712

Did you see the new BMW's?

FZ6 good bike, when you get it can I crash it?

"How can you kill women and children?"
"Easy ya don't lead them as much!"
"navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse"
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays? You're smoking rope.

Participated in:OEF,OIF, OIF2, very sad I won't return
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG
UTMC : We are the good guys
ALL YOUR SIDEWALK ARE BELONG TO US
NSD

Old 11-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #12
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Dont they think it can cut sales down? Because ive heard so many great things about getting that adjustment made, i feel like i may be missing it if I get the FZ6.
No because the large majority of riders out there have no clue about custom tuning.They just ride it like it is and expect it to be okay, and it is for them being they're used to it over time till they get their suspension done thru word of mouth, then they wish they'd done it much sooner.

Like I said earlier you won't be missing anything with the Fizzer 6 if you get it, WCW can hook you up with a great front end at a reasonable price depending on what you're looking to do with that bike.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Personally The 07 FZ's look like ass to me. I would also agree that having adjustable fronts is better than not. I was originally out to get the R6 and wound up with the FZ-1. Having the suspension tuned is world of difference.

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion