Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Bambi is dead......
Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Location: where you get pulled over just cause you own a bike..
Default Bambi is dead......

i hit one hard last night on rt 17 by my house, i looked at the front end of the car and the only thing i had was hair stuck to it....i was like

thank god it wasnt one of the big ones or adult deer, it happened to be bambi with the spots and everything

i least i was not on the bike

those things get in the way fast!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinerider View Post
those things get in the way fast!!!
With all the building they have no where to go. You got lucky, those deer can do some major damage.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
With all the building they have no where to go. You got lucky, those deer can do some major damage.

lucky is right!

i thought for sure there was going to be damage! i just cant get the hair out of the corners....

Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

It's amazing how some hits can make so much noise and do nothing. I hit a full sized buck with my Jeep Cherokee a few years back... killed the thing and all I got was a cracked plastic grill, which I glued the cracks and wasn't noticeable at all. Other than some blood and hair, you would never have known I hit anything. I reported it to the police, just in case something did happen as a result with insurance, and the cop didn't believe me till he saw a few hairs in the cracks.

I hit another deer with my Mercury Cougar, a large doe, and sent the thing flying clear over my car. My friend almost hit it after me. All it did was put a small dent in the hood about the size of a softball, put a scratch in the front bumper (didn't even break the paint), and knocked the plastic cover off my headlight.

Then I see things like the State Trooper Chevy Suburban the other day on the Taconic, and his entire front end was destroyed. Or, the best, look for a Hyundai that hits one. That's a mess! Guess some cars are just tough.

Side note: anyone ever see an 18-wheeler hit a deer on a major highway? I saw that recently too... just a red cloud, nothing else. Disgusting.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post
just a red cloud, nothing else. Disgusting.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Killer!!! i am going ot get peta fater you ASAP

Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Did you at least throw the little bugger in the back of your car and take it home? I could of had it butchered and in your freezer within 2 hours.

Nothing beats young tenderloins.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

I've hit three deer on motorcycles. Not fun. Rather shoot them with my bow.
I also hit on down in VA on my way to VIR on a sunday night, hauling a trailer,and it did $4000.00 damage to the truck. Undriveable. THAT SUCKS!!!

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Right after the Allendale exit going north?

Glad to hear you are alright and no major damage done. A kid I know down here hit one and it came through his windsheild. Amazingly he was not hurt, just a couple minor cuts.

SPRHK....that is rough...did insurance take care of you?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #10
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL View Post

thats where it did happen, something about that area??

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #11
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL View Post

Glad to hear you are alright and no major damage done. A kid I know down here hit one and it came through his windsheild. Amazingly he was not hurt, just a couple minor cuts.

SPRHK....that is rough...did insurance take care of you?
Yes as a matter of fact they did. The worst part of the whole deal was We were in a town of Bedford and it took 4 hrs. to get a tow. Then they would only tow my trailer OR my truck, not both. We got the truck to a shop and i spent an hr in Walmart parkinglot wiring the TOWTRUCK to accept my wireing harness on my trailer. It's now 11 pm and we're on our way to danville. We get to the hotel at 2 am, get 3 hrs sleep, just to wake up for a COLD shower. Meanwhile, NGB drove through the night in my wifes Tahoe to get us to the track in the am. 6:30 am, he shows up, we hook up and no trailer lights!! I say Fuck It!! we get to the track, and I decide that I am just gonna "Sunday ride" the day. I get out on the track and kick ass!!!! I cant believe it! Second session out , I am out in front coming into t1 and I get SMOKED by either Scott Harwell or Geoff May ( not sure which one), and I just cant have that!! As I hit the apex of the turn, I run over a piece of broken fairing that was on the track and well, you guessed it!!! Ass over head!! So, within 18 hrs I did $4000 damage to my truck and wrecked my bike.
Needless to say I spent the rest of the day on the phone between the shop bandaiding my truck to get it home and the insurance company,and also fixing the trailer light.
The plus side if you can find one in this horror story, was my buddy John, who was with me the whole time, passed the Cornerspeed ridercourse.

As unbelieveable as this story sounds, It is 100% true!!!! I am gonna write a story about it one day. it will be titled " There's a dead deer in Bedford...."

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
NGB
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i View Post
Did you at least throw the little bugger in the back of your car and take it home? I could of had it butchered and in your freezer within 2 hours.

Nothing beats young tenderloins.
the hell with butchering it,by the time you whack the legs and head off and skin it you can throw it on the grill couple brewskies and a buddy or 2 you've got yourself a nice meal!

Midgets on gsxr's =

Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #13
NGB
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRHK View Post
Yes as a matter of fact they did. The worst part of the whole deal was We were in a town of Bedford and it took 4 hrs. to get a tow. Then they would only tow my trailer OR my truck, not both. We got the truck to a shop and i spent an hr in Walmart parkinglot wiring the TOWTRUCK to accept my wireing harness on my trailer. It's now 11 pm and we're on our way to danville. We get to the hotel at 2 am, get 3 hrs sleep, just to wake up for a COLD shower. Meanwhile, NGB drove through the night in my wifes Tahoe to get us to the track in the am. 6:30 am, he shows up, we hook up and no trailer lights!! I say Fuck It!! we get to the track, and I decide that I am just gonna "Sunday ride" the day. I get out on the track and kick ass!!!! I cant believe it! Second session out , I am out in front coming into t1 and I get SMOKED by either Scott Harwell or Geoff May ( not sure which one), and I just cant have that!! As I hit the apex of the turn, I run over a piece of broken fairing that was on the track and well, you guessed it!!! Ass over head!! So, within 18 hrs I did $4000 damage to my truck and wrecked my bike.
Needless to say I spent the rest of the day on the phone between the shop bandaiding my truck to get it home and the insurance company,and also fixing the trailer light.
The plus side if you can find one in this horror story, was my buddy John, who was with me the whole time, passed the Cornerspeed ridercourse.

As unbelieveable as this story sounds, It is 100% true!!!! I am gonna write a story about it one day. it will be titled " There's a dead deer in Bedford...."
You forgot to add that when i pulled in to the motel you had tears rolling down you cheeks,

Midgets on gsxr's =