Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

got a ticket yesterday
Old 12-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
skid vicious
Burnout

Default got a ticket yesterday

i went out to the pittsburgh game on sat/sun. pittsburgh lost. had a pretty good time though. well, by the time me and my bud had gotten back to his house it was 830 or so. the highways were clear but the back roads in PA were kind of slick. the wheels spun and the ABS kicked in pretty easily on the SUV. so, i decided to leave the next day when the roads would be clean. i was on the bike, so leaving the nite before would have been foolish. fun, but foolish. anyway, i decide to get breakfast out near allentown. i was in the mood to go to waffle house. bad idea. it was kind of gross.
get suited up, head down the road and onto rt 22. i'm cruising along, fat, dumb, and happy when i noticed the familiar light bar of a cop in the mirror. nuts. he comes up closer and closer. he's matching my speed, checkin me out. i slow down, he slows down. i see him start to get into my lane and thats when i decide to go into the fast lane and get gone. too late. he stops his lane change and follows my move, hits the light and the siren. figures.
so i pull over and he comes up as i'm taking off my helmet and backpack. license, registration. i ask why he pulled me over while i'm gettin the docs and he points to my sticker on my plate. it's a 5/05 sticker. i then say, NJ doesn't give out stickers anymore. not realizing that they still do for MC's. i figure this out when i can't find my registration. turns out i forgot to get the new registration. stupid. he goes back to the car as i'm still lookin in the hump for stuff. apparently i don't have my insurance ID card in there either. nuts i'm thinkin he can probably impound the bike if i don't have proof. it's at this time that my helmet which was on my backpack which was on the tank, falls off and rolls into the highway and oncoming traffic.
just wonderful. so i go out there with my arm out telling people to slow down and get over so i can get the helmet back. just as i pick it up he gets on the radio and says, why don't you sit on the bike, you're making me nervous. LOL. yeah, just as soon as i run thru traffic to get my helmet.
he comes back and gives me a ticket for no reg. and says that it's a no pointer, it doesn't transfer over to NJ ins or anything. $125. and payment info is on the back. i then thank him. WTF? yeah, i thanked him. for not bustin my balls about no ID card i guess. i still felt dirty though.
made a few more stops, went home and got my ID card and headed out to the DMV. by the time i got outta there it was almost time for an early dinner. so i decided to stay out a little while longer and see if i couldn't get caught in this storm that was supposed to dump 4-8 inches of snow on us. it never came. i just went home. still wondering to myself, who the fuck thanks a cop AFTER they get a ticket.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid vicious
just as i pick it up he gets on the radio and says, why don't you sit on the bike, you're making me nervous.
Hahaha, thats the biggest bullshit excuse to warrant exessive force if he wanted...the 'ol SouthPark "Its headded right for us!" excuse

He cut you a break, I would of thanked him too.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
skid vicious
Burnout

one good thing i can say is that he had no attitude whatsoever. so i was totally nice to him. no bullshit answers, etc. i wonder if he thought i was going to run on him cause i was walking around the bike and doing the "i'm really cold" dance. or maybe i just made him nervous by running out into traffic.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Should of reinacted Tommy Boy and jump off the bike and ran around like a nut hitting your helmet yelling "BEEEESSS BEEEESSS." to bad no bees this time a year though

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Should of reinacted Tommy Boy and jump off the bike and ran around like a nut hitting your helmet yelling "BEEEESSS BEEEESSS." to bad no bees this time a year though
Ha-ha, that would've looked damn funny from the view of the cops dash cam.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 12-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid vicious
i figure this out when i can't find my registration. turns out i forgot to get the new registration. stupid. he goes back to the car as i'm still lookin in the hump for stuff. apparently i don't have my insurance ID card in there either.
nice!! I know the feeling!

Old 12-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

Yeah consider yourself lucky he could have been a prick about the whole thing. I keep a copy of my papers along with $5 in a ziplock in the trunk.
I do this because I've gone out to 'test' the bike after working on it without my wallet.
The quick ride around the block turns out to be an hour ride down the highway to clean out the carbs . so if I do get stopped or realize I'm low on gas I'm covered.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #8
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

WTF? u come to pittsburgh and u dont call???

Old 12-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
skid vicious
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes35
WTF? u come to pittsburgh and u dont call???

OH FUCK. my bad dude. i didn't know you were out there. yeah, we had fun though. went to station square. and the south side, i think. hit a couple of bars there. can't remember the fuckin names of them though. we hit the matrix. i know that one. then we went to primantis for some gooooood food. after that we checked out some titty bars. nothing to write home about there. they kinda sucked. oh well.
next time. i'll give ya a call