Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Got Gear?
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 10-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #16
southjersey636
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to southjersey636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
Hows the venting? Helments with good/better venting can sometimes be a bit loud due to air flow.

The venting on the KBC Force is somehow very good at venting but it doenst feature any top vents etc.. I do know that going down the road looking striaght ahead the helmet has a distinctive high pitched whistle which seems more like a design flaw from not doing enough road testing with it on before releasing it.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #17
lightsdarkness
Squid

I have an exo 400, I love it and I'm buying another in spring. Im going to get the exo 700 this time. Noise isn't to bad. You also can't beat the price. Graphics are good to

Ah The helmet debate
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #18
rpm cycle works
Banished

Default Ah The helmet debate

I just came accros this discussion. If you want a great helmet that has a good fit, that will fit most people. The exos are killer. The price is right, the graphics are cool. Wind noise is always going to exsist with any deasent venting. Scorpion just came out with a photochromatic shield. The idea is like Peter Brady's glasses, clear in the dark and go to tint with sun. The Exo 400& 700 are the same shell shape. Like Arai the interiors can be swaped to taylor the fit. We feel that scorpion is the best bang for the $. But we love our own Arai's. The rx7 is expencive but for some reason they really feel good on the melon. We sell about ten Scorpions for every Arai. My feeling is that the price is the big factor.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #19
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

I have an EXO400 (actually purchased at RPM Cycle Works), which I bought after trying on a friend's EXO400. The price is unbeatable for what you get. The venting is great, the anti-fog is great, and the helmet looks great. I have the warhawk in silver I think? Not sure since there are two black, white, and gray's in the warhawk design.

Road noise is pretty loud, but not riding with other helmets, I can't make a fair comparison. I really enjoy my helmet though.

Pros:
-Visor is VERY simple to change, I can take one off and put another on in about 10 seconds total.
-Visor is anti-fog and truly works! Even in extreme temp changes.
-offer kwik-wick (whatever they call it or however they spell it), which website lists and easy aircondiotioning in the hot weather by adding some water to it and incoming air will hit it, creating a cooling sensation (looking forward to trying this come spring/summer.
-Scorpion also offers a chin piece which is meant to keep your chin warmer (since there is no padding in that spot of the helmet), and may also cut down on some of the noise.
-2 different helmets, but MANY different designs and colors, many different visor choices, and tons of room for growth in the company (website shows some major players starting to use their helmets)

Cons:
-After riding a while with a neck fleece on tucked around the bottom of the helmet, and even after pulling it down a little in the chin area (on the COLD nights), some condensation built up on the inside of the visor. It didn't fog, but looking down or looking out at the edges would be a little bit blurry or obscurred.
-After riding for a little while, taking off the helmet results in two horizontal lines across the sides of my face from the edge of the cheek pads. NOTE: I am wearing a small and also fit comfortably (and snug) in a medium. I chose to go with the small just for the added bonus of that helmet being glued to my head. It might be due to the fact that I am at the lower size.
-Doesn't take much to put a scratch in these things. I never waxed my helmet, but I did develop some small scratches here and there for next to nothing. I'm guessing the paint isn't the best of quality as far as thickness.

Overall:
-I would buy another in a heart beat. The pros totally outweigh the cons, and the cons really aren't a big deal. The low price, the large availability of colors/patterns/visors, and the comfort all add up to a helmet that is definately a great buy. I would especially recommend this helmet to people who want a helmet for passengers to match their bike but don't want to spend the money on getting a topend helmet for their passenger that won't be used often.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 12-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #20
rpm cycle works
Banished

Sorry guys, I miss spoke. The Scorpion EXO 400 & 700 shells are different in two ways. The 700 is made of fiberglass/kevlar it is also just a slightly narrower shell. The 400 is made of polycarbonate and has less agressive vents.