Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 08-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #16
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIX750
on the street huh? he must be pro
That wasn't part of the original statement But I tell ya, hes also no sloutch on the street with it either. Member IG. also takes his busa to track days.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
GIX750
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to GIX750

just bustin balls, but to me the only need for either of those bikes is to make up for "small man" syndrome

Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #18
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuta_Busa
True, but in the lower gears the busa is still stronger. They've reduced the amount of power the 13.5 puts down in the lower gears to "help" the rider.
Yes the 14 was designed to be a top monster literbike contender that's still rider friendly for the average guy.

Quote:
I'll admit that the 2006, kaw 13.5 may be able to take the crown from the busa, which dates back to circa 1999 but just barely... Remeber when the busa took it from the kaw 11d now that was a slam!
Yeah the "bi-plane" as some called it was great in it's day but no match for the new Busa at the time.

Quote:
It'll still be prob a year or two before the kaw 13.5 can really talk junk. The aftermarket is way to supportive of the busa and is still trying to pick up the pace on the kawi.
Muzzy's wasting no time in getting things started for the 14, once that happens all bets are off, but the info provided in the article was regarding stock vs. stock only.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #19
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
Remember the chassis over the engine makes for a TALL bike. Narrow is good for top speed but tall is not good for anything else.
It's not 10 feet tall Bob.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Ever notice Kawi always has to up a few cc's than their competition, 636 vs. 600's...and a 1400 to the Busa's 1300, bah. Guess they had to do something to make up for the weight.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #21
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Ever notice Kawi always has to up a few cc's than their competition, 636 vs. 600's...and a 1400 to the Busa's 1300, bah. Guess they had to do something to make up for the weight.
At least gix is still providing excellent swap kits for 600 owners, same insurance, faster bike...Mr.Qwikr6?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-11-2006, 05:02 AM   #22
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Ahhh, the magazine and you all forgot the XX was the king for 2 years (97-98) before the Hayabugly game along with 200 more cc's.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 AM   #23
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

tht's right... I completely skipped over those two years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
Ahhh, the magazine and you all forgot the XX was the king for 2 years (97-98) before what I consider the sweetest looking bike the Hayabusa came along with 200 more cc's.

yea muzzy and a few others have been working on those since before they hit the market. It'll come along. I just wonder when suzi is gonna stop sitting around on the sidelines...

I'm still trying to find the full potential/limits for my bike. I know I'll break and reset a record >=208, hopefully I can hit 210 in the mile come end of september. Even then the bike may still have a bit more to give. Hell it does everything else for me without any complaints...and I have a really big dick and balls the size of a buffalo so no syndrome issues for me... wanna see my web cam?

I still think for this class there's still room for improvement... not just cc and hp.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot