Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #16
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

Ok well....I'm going to use my remaining money to invest, since everyone seems to think I'm wasting my cash. I'll take my few crumpled up 5s and 10s and go right to 7-11 and buy as many scratch offs as possible.

With the money I spent on the new old bike, I could have bought a set of cheap leathers, decent boots, and one track day. I'd rather have a bike that will hopefully last me many seasons than one totally ridiculously awesome super fun day at a track. I'll get there eventually, but until then...I'll just keep tearing ass around backroads and as of this week, cruising around aimlessly!!

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #17
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117
Talking

Not a waist of money bro, if you like then it was a good investment. Can't be that bad its 2 wheels right? just don't take SPRHK for a ride on it, he'll fall asleep on ya

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
Not a waist of money bro, if you like then it was a good investment. Can't be that bad its 2 wheels right? just don't take SPRHK for a ride on it, he'll fall asleep on ya
Fuck you Cleetus!!

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #19
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #20
Islandmon
"Your Pet's Enemy!"

Send a message via AIM to Islandmon Send a message via Yahoo to Islandmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
I rode the crap out of a Honda Virago 600 a little while ago...FYI, it's not the bike...
Who makes the Virago??????

I hear Yamaha echoing in my ear.

www.whippanyvethospital.com

Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #21
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandmon View Post
Who makes the Virago??????

I hear Yamaha echoing in my ear.
Good call Johnny, just goes to show how much I care to know about sport-cruisers/cruisers...I meant the Shadow.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 02-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #22
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Ok folks. I learned alot tonight! First of all, and of utmost precedence, is that if you are used to riding a modern sportbike with warm tires and toasty roads, BE CAREFUL THE FIRST FEW RIDES ON YOUR NEW OLD VIRAGO. I barely made it a mile without dumping my brand new old bike. That's right, Mikey's first motorcycle accident in a little under 20,000 miles of experience.

First of all, the new bike is beautiful if I may say so, and has made it 25 years without a blemish on it. Some young kid goes and buys it and lays it down immidiatly. No bad damage, but damn that sucks by principal.

The setup: about 18 degrees, ice cold motor, ice cold tires, ice cold roads. I'm running the bike with the choke half on to keep her up when I'm at low revs. I'm approaching my right turn, and I realize I'm coming in way too hot. Blame excitement, negligence, stupidity, or my brain's imprint of taking turns pretty quickly on a GSXR. Either way, I realize I'm hot, so I say "Oh thats OK, I'll just lean further and harder, like I always do". The instant I lean the bike into the turn, the little voice in my head says, plain as day and very casually, "Now we crash." I lean it pretty hard to avoid making a wiiide turn into the other lane of traffic, and sure enough, I see the bike lay down and slide away from me across my lane. I immidiatly bounce up on my feet and just kind of stand there in the road looking at my bike. Shock, I suppose. I wish I could have seen my face. My buddy, who was in the car behind me, pulls over and gets out with the same look that had to be on my face. I walk over to my bike, look at it some more, then remember I'm in an intersection. I pick the bike up and walk it over to the curb. Keep in mind, the good, kind citizens of Pensauken, NJ, do nothing to assist me. The traffic in the lane I was blocking just creep hesitantly towards me, in an attempt to push me off the road. Thanks ***holes.

Bike sustains scratches to beautiful chrome exhaust pipes, bent rear right signal, bent mirror, and the highway peg's mount was actually rotated around on the engine guard it's mounted too. "Not bad!" I pronounce. I didn't know what to expect...I've never crashed before!! Arghh...

The elbow armor in my Fieldsheer textile did it's job flawlessly, and my Levi Strauss jeans did their job perfectly. The Levi's job, of course, being to tear a little bit and offer no impact protection. So, I've got an aching knee and a sore left arm (Don't know how that happened).

Anyway, after that little mishap, I rode 50 miles up 295 back towards home. No leathers, just jeans with some thermals, sneakers, a hoody, textile with liner, balaclava, scarf, and helmet. And a pair of leather work gloves. I was pretty cold. But it was an interesting experience. I pulled into Applebee's of Hillsborough and walked through the little lobby/waiting area and saw some dude with his face and arms buried in his hoody. I looked at him, laughed, and said "You think you're cold?" He took one glance at the helmet in my hands and said "Oh, wow". 18 degrees. With sustained winds.

Yeah.

But I love the bike!! She's awesome. I can't wait to do some riding once the weather becomes friendlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U71EmHzltz0 A quick video of me doing a walkaround/startup in my garage after I got home

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0152.jpg Front
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0147.jpg Rear
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0145.jpg Front
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0146.jpg Left

Chrome straightpipes before my wipeout:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...virago7502.jpg

Chrome straightpipes after my wipeout:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0151.jpg
More damage:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...n/IMG_0149.jpg
Mooninite Suicide Bomber:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4.../mooninite.gif

For everybody who read my entire story, thanks, I know it was lengthy, but hey...it's what happened. Be safe everybody, and go for rides even through it's close to zero Farenheit.

'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #23
yb929rr
Skid Mark

that suck's! be careful out there.
enjoy the two wheels no matter what it looks like.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #24
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Dude you know I love you but, one word.....TRACK DAYS!

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #25
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post
I'm approaching my right turn, and I realize I'm coming in way too hot. Blame my brain's imprint of taking turns pretty quickly on a GSXR.
That's it right there, glad you're okay man...and look at it this way, maybe that bike'll be a bit less expensive to fix than if you were on the Gix.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 02-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #26
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Haha, I actually already had that thought while riding home after