Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #16
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny
one word that answers all of this protest bullshit.

ILLEGAL.

you want to be here? get your ass here legally and learn the language.
Sounds like an ignorant statement. The beauty of this country is that is is SUPPOSED to have open arms, and has been a nation of immigrants since before we were even a nation.

The problem is the government has made it nearly impossible for many of these people to actually come into this country and/or stay LEGALLY like every single one of our ancestors have had the privilage to do.

America was not intended to be some elitist country club where only the rich and highly educated can move to, yet thats exactly what it has been turned into. It has turned into a country of the priviledged few and not the ''give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" that reads on the Statue of Liberty.

The sad fact is that the average american simply doesnt know whats involved in being here legally, myself included up until recently.

I am not saying these people should be given a free ride, or that they should be given all of the same government benefits that an american born citizen has access to. They should at least have the option to come to this country just like our own immigrant ancestors did.

Nice little skit on the issue, too...
http://home.earthlink.net/~nicadlw/statue.html

Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #17
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

But aren't we reaching a point where America is having problems dealing with it's current people, meaning health care, homeless, homeland security...etc. I think we need to fix (or at least try to find a way to work towards a fix) the current problems before introduction millions of more people into a system that can barely sustain it's currently population.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 05-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #18
voteforguy
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to voteforguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
Sounds like an ignorant statement. The beauty of this country is that is is SUPPOSED to have open arms, and has been a nation of immigrants since before we were even a nation.

The problem is the government has made it nearly impossible for many of these people to actually come into this country and/or stay LEGALLY like every single one of our ancestors have had the privilage to do.

America was not intended to be some elitist country club where only the rich and highly educated can move to, yet thats exactly what it has been turned into. It has turned into a country of the priviledged few and not the ''give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" that reads on the Statue of Liberty.

The sad fact is that the average american simply doesnt know whats involved in being here legally, myself included up until recently.

I am not saying these people should be given a free ride, or that they should be given all of the same government benefits that an american born citizen has access to. They should at least have the option to come to this country just like our own immigrant ancestors did.

Nice little skit on the issue, too...
http://home.earthlink.net/~nicadlw/statue.html

My parents immigrated to this country and we had a very very tough time. And by the way, "legally" back then meant paying a lawyer tons of money so you could stay. its all a big racket. if you were lucky enough to be born in this country you have NO IDEA how lucky you are... you really dont.

The Apologist
MySpace