Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Paddock Press
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

MotoCzysz C-1 at Miller Motorsports
Old 05-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206
Default MotoCzysz C-1 at Miller Motorsports

For those who don't know about this bike yet, http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home check it out. For those who do, all I have to say is that any picture and/or vid clip cannot do this bike any justice once you've had the chance to witness it up close in person. I had a great opportunity to go out to Miller Motorsports for the R2SL event, and who set up shop just a few feet away were the guys from motoczysz! This bike is really like something I've never seen or heard before. When they fire it up the compression literally pounds right through you...like a top fuel dragster just at a smaller scale. Everyone in the crew is top notch and very professional. I had the opportunity to meet a few of them, including Tony, one of the engineers of the C-1. Real down to earth guy, said that this was actually his first gig right from grad school. We got to talking about the bike and their plans, I asked if anything was going to happen with MotoGP in the future, he kinda looked and said he didn't know if he could say But he was able to say that the bike was initially built to 2006 spec with its 990cc, and that with the new 800cc spec they have a few things that they're working on to keep their options open. I mentioned that I also never heard a bike this loud before, he laughed and said the bike hits 109-110db...thats just insane. I mentioned SBA and how there were a few people who talked highly bout the bike, he looked surprised and asked if I had a card that he'd like to check it out(that would be cool.) During their testing/tuning they had a few glitches. At one point they fired it up and gel like watery substance shot out like 10 feet across the ground, ended up being that the prototype radiator they were using failed so they had to tear it down and in no time had it running again. They also had a sensor fail as Mike Czysz was about to take it out causing the engine to cut itself off. Its all relative and part of the game. Was amazing to watch the crew look at the issues at hand and work together to get the job done. Discovery Channel was also there all weekend taking all kinds of footage, of course I made sure to get in as many shots as I could which should air sometime in September they said.

Initially I forgot my camera, but was able to snag a few shots with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality. The exhaust is just as busy on the other side as well

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1_2.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	3887   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1_3.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	3888   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1_1.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	3886   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1_4.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	3889  

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.