Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

mother fack!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Default mother fack!!!

got pulled over last night, not for speeding or riding wreckless but for the "NYC motorcycle crackdown" got written up for my LEDs (explained its for safety more then bling but he didnt care), not allowed to use my Puig windscreen cause its not DOT approved, and have to redo my rear tail cause integrated lights are illegal. o yea and my barend mirrors are off too cause they dont like it, even though its a legitament mirror. after all said and done, cop says to me "you can thank the guys who wheelie up and down hylan for the tickets." and "you might consider this harassment but you will thank us when we recover your bike"

WTF?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

Add this to the list of reasons i hate cops.

State troopers i have respect for... but locals with a hard on, i cant stand.

I Just wish the next time i see a cop speeding, making an illegal turn, not using turn signals, not wearing a seat belt, being illegally parked, etc... i could write them a ticket or turn them in.

The other day-- a cop FLIES past my mom and I lights on, stops at the red light, goes around all the traffic in the wrong lane... gets through the light, shuts off his lights, and we then see him in the McDonalds drive through--

If my mom would have slowed down long enough, id have jumped out of the car to write down the tag number of his cruiser.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ83
after all said and done, cop says to me "you can thank the guys who wheelie up and down hylan for the tickets." and "you might consider this harassment but you will thank us when we recover your bike"

WTF?

What a jerkoff...hes basically profiling giving you tickets not because of illegal stuff but because of riders doing wheelies ...I'd seriously call like 7 on your side or some shit

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Yer all a bunch of wreckless criminals! You deserve all the harassment those hard working law enforcement officials can muster up!

... It is opposite day, isnt it?

FTP

Old 04-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
got pulled over last night, not for speeding or riding wreckless but for the "NYC motorcycle crackdown" got written up for my LEDs (explained its for safety more then bling but he didnt care), not allowed to use my Puig windscreen cause its not DOT approved, and have to redo my rear tail cause integrated lights are illegal. o yea and my barend mirrors are off too cause they dont like it, even though its a legitament mirror. after all said and done, cop says to me "you can thank the guys who wheelie up and down hylan for the tickets." and "you might consider this harassment but you will thank us when we recover your bike"

WTF?
BS... did they pull you over in a check point or just out of the blue..?
that total BS..
THE puig windcreen is BS too.. you dont need a fucking windscreen period.. !!!! take that one to court.. i am not sure about intergrated lights but i don tthink they are illigal.. i might bw wrong tho. and the bar end mirrors if theyare legal and DOT approved they cant do shit. FTP.. i need to find out NY laws about this...

WHat leds... ? if you have leds just lit up yes it is illigal.. but if theyare turn signals or what not than its fine...
oh yeah just what he said to you is profiling.. take it to court.. i would///

Old 04-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Wait...so let me give you a ticket because I couldnt chase down the guy that was here doing wheelies an hour ago.

Ok Terrific!!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
BS... did they pull you over in a check point or just out of the blue..?
that total BS..
THE puig windcreen is BS too.. you dont need a fucking windscreen period.. !!!! take that one to court.. i am not sure about intergrated lights but i don tthink they are illigal.. i might bw wrong tho. and the bar end mirrors if theyare legal and DOT approved they cant do shit. FTP.. i need to find out NY laws about this...

WHat leds... ? if you have leds just lit up yes it is illigal.. but if theyare turn signals or what not than its fine...
oh yeah just what he said to you is profiling.. take it to court.. i would///
the LEDs are used as running/turn sigs for the front. the funniest thing he said was that the bar end mirrors are not legit cause they are used for racing. after that i wanted to bust out laughing but i said whatever man ill see you in court.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

You mean you don't have a video phone??? Take a picture.
Yeah then we can start a site with on duty cops doing things they ticket us for.

[QUOTE=Smokes35]The other day-- a cop FLIES past my mom and I lights on, stops at the red light, goes around all the traffic in the wrong lane... gets through the light, shuts off his lights, and we then see him in the McDonalds drive through--
QUOTE]

Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
the LEDs are used as running/turn sigs for the front. the funniest thing he said was that the bar end mirrors are not legit cause they are used for racing. after that i wanted to bust out laughing but i said whatever man ill see you in court.
that shoudl be fine as long as they are the right colora amber and are placed in fornt or rear of the bike.. (or atleast facing that way)
bar end mirrors are not for racing as long as it saysd DOT on them...
cops are stupid..

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #10
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

Sorry Ron 2.0... I think soon enough the police will start giving out tickets just for riding a motorcycle.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #11
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

If they want to stop you to check your papers that's one thing...giving it to you in the ass is something else.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
voteforguy
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to voteforguy

those cops obviously didn't know anything... otherwise they would given you a ticket for being too heavy for your springs!

Old 04-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by voteforguy
those cops obviously didn't know anything... otherwise they would given you a ticket for being too heavy for your springs!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
soda7o
Lazy Ass

some one needs to contactthe ama and tell them to get off the cocks of th eharly fags and go do somethign for us.. shit we are being profiled liek no tomorow.. its liek pulling over black people and telling them you can thank the black guys who commit crimes and than giving them tickets for wearing a do rag and a hat allat once.. and having to much bling in their watch or having dizzing fronts in their mouth..

or why don tthey pull over every arabic looking perosn and hassle them sayign you can thank the terrorists an dalkida for this and than give them tickets...

they cant do it cause its profiling so why do we get harrased... if i was not lazy liek i am i would do somethign about it but i am a lazy ass

Old 04-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #15
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
some one needs to contactthe ama and tell them to get off the cocks of th eharly fags and go do somethign for us.. shit we are being profiled liek no tomorow.
Hopefully the AMA & HRCA are preparing to fight this, but if ur not careful the NYPD might stop you for not having all the plastics on the bike, and the zipties cuz it's not up to OEM specs.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'