Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Makes ya wonder
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Default Makes ya wonder

Had a rough night in the Er last night. I see a patient, a young guy (35) who has a wicked headache with vomiting and dizziness> he looks like hell so I evaluate him give him some meds and IV fluids hoping he would perk up.. No luck so I figure ok hes got meningitis so i get a ct scan of his head and prepare for alumbar puncture. Turns out on the CT scanhe has a 4 to 6 cm mass in his right cerebellum (explains why he cant walk) We get an emergent MRI and get neuro surgery on board and they think he has a GBM (glio blastoma multiforme) this tumor/cancer caries a very poor prognosis and this guy will likley be dead in under 2 years. And hes 2 years younger than me

Tom

Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Wow, you pulled a house. But that sucks dude. I don't think I could separate myself from stuff like that if I were a dr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Wow, you pulled a house. But that sucks dude. I don't think I could separate myself from stuff like that if I were a dr.
Most of this stuff doesnt fase me as you have seen and heard from my stories, but this one kinda hit home since this guy is around my age, and was completley fine yesterday and was kust another day in his life now h emay not even leave the hospital. I can deal with gramma having a big stroke or MI or something but for it to be game over at 35 is prety sobering.

Tom

Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

yea...its things like that which leaves me with a 13k CC debt right now...i like to live life as good as can be..you'll never know whats gonna happen to you tomorrow.....you can be as safe as can be, take all the vitamins n not take risks..but if GOD wants you to go.....you can't do anything about it...

Old 06-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Location: where you get pulled over just cause you own a bike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou View Post
yea...its things like that which leaves me with a 13k CC debt right now...i like to live life as good as can be..you'll never know whats gonna happen to you tomorrow.....you can be as safe as can be, take all the vitamins n not take risks..but if GOD wants you to go.....you can't do anything about it...
you said it right, i think somewhat that way but, ONLY 13K! in ccards, shit i would like to be in the 13k range