View Single Post

Mityvac
Old 06-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712
Default Mityvac

Pros and Cons.??

I just did a complete drain of fluid, new master cylinder, new SS brake lines, took the calipers apart (split in half) and claened the shit out of them. See thread if you haven't already ---> http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6792

I have the entire braking system together, poured fluid in, started to use the Mityvac. Sure it sucked the fluid through the lines faster then pumping the lever. But I kept getting air bubbles coming from the bleeder valve into the hose. I went through 3 Brake fluids only because I didn't want to use it again. I want everything NEW.

I was dumb founded, I checked the torque specs on the banjo bolts and they were fine, then checked the 4 bolts on each caliper that are there to hold them together and they were fine. So in a panic distress I made a call to a good mechanic, you may know him, his name is Joe from sportbikeaddicts.com and he told me it's sucking air from the bleeder valve threads and to try bleeding them the old fashion way.

Well 10 minutes later no air bubbles and i was done Does anyone else use the mityvac to bleed brakes, or do you use it just to suck the fluid through the system faster then do the old fashion bleed.?

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the