View Single Post

Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #12
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddevil2000 View Post
um hate to repeat myself but there was never any cranking issue ..i didnt drown the plugs or put in cheap gas..i put in a new battery and somethng popped!!!
what i said was it ran 2 weeks ago and when the bike turned off i couldnt start it without a jump...i did that a couple of times and got tired of trying to turn it on so i bought a new battery!!!

the bike doesnt crank or anything and it just clicks...

what i wanna know is what the warranty covers...all the engine and tranny or some parts and does it cover electrical!!!!!
So we went from a "bang" to a "pop" That would point me in the direction that something was shorted. which was the popping sound you heard. Especially if it only "popped" one time. If the starter is only clicking when you press the starter button, more than likely you do not have enough juice in the battery. The clicking is most likely the solinoid switch moving back and forth.

See previous post and make sure the battery is fully charged. As I said before rarely are batteries fully charged when purchased... Who knows how long they have been sitting on the shelf. You cant expect to just buy one, go home, take the old one out and replace it with the new one and be done with it.

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion