View Single Post

Old 11-22-2005, 03:51 AM   #14
stealth r6
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to stealth r6

ok, here you go. for this 2 point moving violation you need to go to court. In the state of new jersey we do have a statute that will allow the prosecutor to drop the ticket to a no pointer. 39:4-97.2 - Unsafe Operation of a Motor Vehicle. There is a good thing and a bad thing about this violation. Obviously the good thing is you will not receive any points. The bad things are, you will pay for this one. 33 court costs, 139 for the violation, and 250 state surcharge for the first offense. Same fees for the second offense except they add 100 for the violation making it 239. The other bad thing is if you get any tickets amended to this for a 3rd time in a 5 year period you are walking out paying a shit load, and 4 points added onto your record. they give you no points for the first 2 times within a 5 year period, but on the 3rd time its automatically 4 points. And as for the court, some go in alphabetical order, some go by what time you get there. Before you speak to the prosecutor, they usually make you check into court so they make you pay something for going there. I say go into court, speak to the prosecutor and try to get him to drop it to something else other than unsafe operation so you dont dont bend you over. If that doesnt work, bend over and take that unsafe driving cause sure you pay more now, but u save it all in insurance premiums. and for you guys wondering how i know all this, ive gotten two unsafe in the past year, and have to stay clean for the next 4 years or im screwed. ive been in court plenty of times and i pay close attention to everything. I drive to fast.

2005 RED YAMAHA R6, WITH GREGGS CUSTOM FLUSHMOUNTS, TURN SIGNALS INTEGRATED INTO TAIL LIGHT, DEVIL CARBON FIBER SB2 HIGH MOUNT EXHAUST.