View Single Post

Old 06-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #13
lrntolive
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerM
Thanks guys for the input. I didnt mean Im a great rider and can go to upper levels, I was just wanted something on a more one on one basis. I was just under the impression that on trackdays your just thrown out there on the track with a couple of pointers and if you ask questions you get input back. And schools are more specific in teaching you technique and more on a one on one basis. I guess Ill just try the Art Basic
I'll probably be the only one here to disagree, but I'd suggest taking the California Superbike (CS) Level 1 first. The reason I say this is out of the two schools I've attended, MARRC RoadRacing and CS, CS was very structured for first time riders. They teach specific drills that you must perform during every session and everyone is watching you. The provide you with a booklet of drills, and what could be better than taking classes from Keith Code?

I ride with TPM, and while they are a great group, and the instructors are super, their level of instruction is not as detailed as CS (I'll admit I've never taken ART Basic, but my friend who took CS with me took ART Basic before and he noticed the difference).

I would not recommend MARRC Road Racing. They were not very professional.

Whether you decide to take ART Basic or CS, you'll end up with a love for riding at speed on the track. And you'll always make new friends. Keep the rubber side down!

lrntolive