View Single Post

1976 Honda CB360t Project
Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default 1976 Honda CB360t Project

I picked up a 1976 Honda CB360t for dirt cheap. It's going to be my first fixer upper. Looks exactly like this one....but older looking. It has some light rust on the spokes and a few other spots. It has trouble starting, but will eventually start and run if I give it some gas, but as soon as I let it idle on its own, it dies. The PO gave me new jets that he planned to install but never got around to it. I'm planning to get into the carbs this w/e and clean it out and replace the jets/needles.

I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help me get off on the right foot with this thing..

What's a good cleaning solution I can get to clean the carbs? Preferably something from Autozone or Pepboys. Something besides Seafoam, something much stronger.

What's the best thing to remove the oxidation from the gas tank? The top of the tank looks white-ish. My friend says it's oxidation from sitting in the sun for too long and that I might be able to polish it off and get to the original paint underneath. I originally thought I had no choice but to strip/repaint it. If I can keep it original, that would be cool.

What's the best way to remove light rust? Preferably something I can pick up at Autozone or Pepboys.

Got any other tips or advice as I tackle my first fixer upper??? I'll post up actual pics when I get on my home PC.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t