View Single Post

Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #38
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Update.
I just got finished pressure testing the motor.
I have the left cylinder holding pressure at 6PSI. THe intake manifold was leaking air and it took a little while to find the leak. Now its A-OK.
The right one (forward cylinder) is leaking air into the cooling system. I pulled the head and re-sealed everything and checked the o-rings. Everything looked OK, but it still leaks. I have to pull the barrel now and check the base gasket to see that there is adequate sealant on the case/underside of the barrel.

I was also sent the wrong heads and I had to return them to RSCYCLES.com for an exchange. While I was at it, I ordered the replacements to be from a 2000 TZ125 and I am having Roland Cushway machine them for the TZ250. Looking forward to getting those installed on the motor at the next top end rebuild.

Tomorrow morning, I will be pulling the barrels again and re-checking the base gaskets and applying a little more Yamabond to everything. Sucks that I ran out of time today I have to head into work now. I am hoping that this takes care of the air leak. I would like to get the motor back into the bike this week so I can have my 250cc lawn mower back on the track soon.

Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 05-12-2008 at 04:27 PM..