View Single Post

Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul11 View Post
I want a villa how much was it last time kaz?
Well, we stayed for 3 nights. Drove down/stayed 1st night, rode 1st day/stayed 2nd night, rode 2nd day/stayed 3rd night..........then drove home the next morning. None of us were in the mood for a 9 hour drive into the middle of the night after 2 full days at VIR.

Anyway, last year 5 of us stayed in the 1 villa and it worked out to $200 a head. It looks like the price went up this year, so 3 nights (Sat-Mon) is $1122. So that's $225 a head for 3 night. In all honesty you could easily fit another person in there, maybe 2. There's 3 bedrooms and no one was even sleeping on the couch or used any airmatresses, everyone had their own bed.

But....

If you look at the rates for the rooms above the paddock garages. They are double rooms, so for 3 nights 2 people per room that works out to $187. Personally I can tell you this, I would GLADLY pay $40 extra to have the villa. You've got a big full kitchen, laundry room for cleaning your grungy shit after the first day, nice couch and sitting area, outside deck, 2 full baths, plus an extra crapper.........$40??? no brainer to me.

Assuming 2 garage bays for 2 days is an extra $400......thats $80 per head for 5 people.

So $300 all in for 3 nights in the villa and garages both days for 5 people as an example. And extra person or two would offset a bit.

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute