View Single Post

2002 gsxr750 issues
Old 07-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712
Default 2002 gsxr750 issues

Well.......

Most of you know Brenda's bike was having engine issues.. Wouldn't rev pass 7-8k RPM's. After dropping it off here and there for weeks and another place for like a month and a half we decided on swapping the engine. So about a year of this garbage trying to figure it out wasting $$$ on top of $$$ in parts ETC.

Yesterday I started the bike up for the 1st time in a while.. let it warm up, give it a twist and bog bog bog, won't go pass 5k RPM's!!!!!!!! I'm like FUCK ME!!! It is doing the same exact thing it did last time. I let it warm up a little bit more give it a twist will not rev pass 7-8k RPM's now. I take the seat off, lift the tank, look around. start the bike, twist the throttle it goes all the way to the rev limiter!!!!

I lower the tank, start the bike, will not go pass 7-8k RPM's. Lift the tank again, start again and again goes to the rev limiter. I took the tank off, put in another fuel pump i had laying around, put it all back together, lower tank, start her up and hits the limiter.

I think the bike just needed a fuel pump from the get go

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the