Thread: My next project
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #56
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

I hear ya, I'm still really bummed I cuz I wanted to retire my bike and add it to my future collection, not send it to the scrap yard with a bent uniframe, but oh well

That Superhawks still a great machine indeed, Honda did their homework as usual with that one. The 848 seems to be a winner with it's small chassis and wet clutch, or pick up a 916 that needs a bit of work, I can stare at that thing all day. If you're building a collection try and change it up so you have one of each style to pick from depending on your mood and type of riding you feel like doing that day, from a casual modest displacement cruiser to big bore sport.

I stopped by there when I was on two wheels and to me that's heaven, some really nice old bikes beautifully restored, and others run hard with modest flat paint, roll a Thruxton or Commando in front of me and I'll smile till my face hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRHK View Post
It is funny you said that. I have been saving for a new bike. My Superhawk is 11 yrs old and still runs great, but want to add to the stable. After this project, I dont know if I still want the Duc 1098 / 848 or like what you said, do another project bike.

We went down to Washington's Crossing yesterday. They had rally for all the old Nortons, Triumphs, and anything else old and obscure. It was pretty neat. I just wish I was done with this project, so I could have taken her there.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'