Thread: My next project
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #51
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
Everything looks great and that paint really pops, nice idea with the center stripe on the tank too. After all that work I'd be hesitant to even put it on the road, looks too good, but there's nothing like throwing your leg over something you modified to fit your style, nearly a one-off in a sense.

BTW, I'm sure you've measured their comfort level, but hows the lean angle with those clip-ons? I tried their fit on my bike at the time, but they were far too forward and low so I opted for bars with the same angle and a bit of lift.

And will you be keeping the stock wheels?

(I haven't read the entire thread so I might've missed that info.)

If I have the time I'd love to sink my teeth into a restoration project on one of these, kinda like the old boxy MotoGP style.

Yamaha FZR400

Thanks, I think it is coming along nicely. I hope to have it on the road this coming week. I am a little weary of riding it on the street, but what is the sense doing this if you cant ride it & enjoy it.Right? As for the clip ons, They are perfect. The lean angle is the same as the stock clip ons, but the stock ones were a fixed position set. The angle back would give me a cramp in my muscle around my thumb after about 15 minutes. The woodcraft ones are pushed out about 2 inches at the end of the bar, aleviating the twist outwards of the wrist.
Classic yamaha ther in the pic, just a little smal for a guy my size. Go for it. You dont have another bike yet do you?

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!