View Single Post

Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #10
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
As some one who worked all through college, I would do it if you can juggle school work and job, with out letting one affect the other. I personally needed to work to pay for my own stuff, like car, insurance, and college fees themselves.

If working becomes a problem for you to maintain the kind of GPA you want to have, then maybe don't work. If nothing else, it will give you good life experience. Working for someone or a company will give you an idea into what the "real world" is really like, for when you get your degree..an edge you will have over you fellow students who didn't work through school.

Plus, if you listen to Omar, its takes money to bang chicks...alcohol aint free

Well like you guys suggested I am going to try it out.....this has been an ongoing job since march and I have obtained many responisbilities....I work for 5Swytchback's father as an apprentice to custom and architectual millworking....He has taught me the basics to running your own business....I would take care of all the transactions and orders and shipments and I even got time to work in the shop during the actual making of the mill work....believe me I have had my share of work over this summer...the last couple of weeks before school were 60+ hours a week....those were some nice pay checks....

Considering I have had this expierence I have already considered myself to have an edge over most students who I am going to school with. Most kids I know have only had a part time job as a pizza delivery guy or a waiteress.... I have worked 6 am till 5 go home eat and then come back to work till 11 at night....I know what it takes to work in a business and with that I plan on using it to my advantage when the time comes for me to leave school for good and get a permanent job.

Unlike most kids my age I pay for all of my expenses....my bike, fixing my bike, track days, insurance registration, gas, clothes, I am pretty much very independent from my parents. If I needed money they would be more than happy to give it to me, but they told me if I wanted to something I needed to earn it and thats exactly what I'm doing.

PS....they were kind enough to pay for my community college

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION