View Single Post

Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #34
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

EXCELLENT weekend...it just keeps getting better and better. Long story short, perfect weather, got to our usual spot, got about 12 text msgs to hold spots, LOL. Next morning, perfect weather again, go out for the first session and I was a mess, literally. Having the gix on Beaver for the first time, most of my reference points were all off. Basically had to relearn the track again. On top of that, my heel kept hitting the exhaust bracket, so that was another thing to throw off my concentration...and to top it all off 1/2 way thru the session I notice my shift lever getting lower and lower...to the point where I couldn't reach down to shift and I was stuck in 3rd gear at the fastest part of the track Pit in, loose shift rod cause the lever to back out...brought it back up, made tight, good to go. Second session was better, still trying to understand how the gix is handling the Beav...3rd session we really bonded and started picking up the pace even more. Forgot what session it was but almost got kicked and ran off the track by someone who pulled a knucklehead move, guy apexes 10 kinda slow and then decides he wants to pit in...problem with this is I was making my move around the outside of a right hand turn with pit in on the left...guy puts his leg in the air almost takin out my head...yea so that almost got ugly. Anywho...more riding, I had dropped another second from the last time there...but I was stuck...couldn't get out of the :08's. Got a tip from CBRBob and Chris, by the last session Sunday I got into the :07's, dropping 2 more seconds from August. All in all I'm pleased with everything...even the exhaust bracket after Chris tweaked it so my heel would stop hitting it, lol...thanks man. I really had an awesome time with everyone too...I'd list everyone's names but I'd be here a while...thanks again everyone

Pic1 - T2
Pic2 - Me/CBRBob T10.
Pic3 - Cool pic...check the heat from the exhaust.
Pic4 - Chris on the hunt, lol.
Pic5 - SBA train, me/Jimmy/Ant nice riding tight, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	4442   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	4443   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	4444   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	4445   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic5.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	4446  

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.