View Single Post

Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #13
thirdgenlxi
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Nice dude, I have a 1990 Nissan Maxima with the original clutch still grabbing strong at 280,000 miles. So far I've had to do some small stuff, replace exhaust(cat), a couple starters....and wiper blade motor.
Nice! No fuel injectors yet? Impressive! Maximas are great cars though... my sister had a '91.... black with tan int. Really nice car! Hers was auto though. Ran like a dream, and the a/c would damn near freeze you solid, but the tranny finally died at 276k. I wish we would have lived closer I would have bought that car from her and replaced the tranny myself. The motor was perfect, and since she bought it from a guy that owned a body shop, the body was damn near showroom... no rust anywhere (this is in Illinois). She junked it though and bought a Camry. It was a sweet car though... pretty quick too! Too bad the Bose amps always blow out... all 4 of hers were blown out, I had to bypass the amp at each speaker.

As for clutches, the original clutch in my Accord finally died at 321k. It wasn't slipping or anything, but one of the four damper springs in the clutch disc actually broke and fell out and jammed the clutch. I took off from a stoplight and went to shift into 2nd and she didn't want to go. Sure can't complain there!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 224,400 miles and counting quick
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 416,700 miles still going strong