View Single Post

Old 08-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78 View Post
They are actually worried about the kids getting hurt by having to carry a bookbag. So they mandate one with wheels...

The pusification of america continues!!!
That's partly correct. When I was in high school we went to our lockers before every class, got the stuff we needed, and went to class. I never had more than 3 books at any time. They want less students loitering in the hallways and making fewer locker trips for whatever reason (drugs/weapons) and to do this they need to carry more books. Having a 90lb freshman carry around 3-4 periods worth of books is a little much. But to make it a rule they must have a rolling bookbag is a little much as well. If they mandate that I think they need to at least reinstate dodgeball.
-
Edit: If you look at this search, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...gs&btnG=Search , many of them are stating you're not allowed to have rolling bookbags. They're mostly k-6 though and do not travel between classes.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 08-06-2007 at 07:44 PM..