View Single Post

Old 02-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
Vin
Ducaddilac

Send a message via AIM to Vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz View Post
All the body builders I know that aren't body builders anymore are now fatsos (I knew 3 competitive body builders a couple years back). The were telling me as they got older and went through their "bulking" stage for the season, it got harder and harder to turn that into muscle / burn it off where as they had no problems when they were younger. It seems to me that Kennedy doesn't have a problem putting on weight, where as someone who has problems putting on the pounds might want to build a base before toning. With that said I don't think that route would be the most beneficial for a person looking to get into shape and build some muscle mass in process instead of bulking up for competition. But that's just my take on what his goals are.

Totally understood, but you're comparing some competitive bodybuilders with an amateur who wants to put on size and cut it.

Additionally, you're saying that said individuals are "fatsos" -- maintaining muscle is basically a second (or third) job for people, and it doesn't come and maintain naturally. Shit, it doesn't automatically maintain via "chemicals" either.

I think you're correct on Kennedy's goals (but Chris can answer that). My advice is merely an oversimplification on the entire process. My mantra's been to lift heavy or not lift at all, and through a decent diet and keeping at the weight, I've been able to tone up (and gain size) considerably while being able to keep and enhance my strength.

Facebook | Flickr | NYCGo - New York City