View Single Post

Old 01-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinerider View Post
i thought of doing a HDMI hook up as well but, the difference that u are going to notice between a good set of monster "component" wires and the HDMI will not be noticed, besides a regular HD cable box does not have a regular MI hook up, you need to upgrade your cable box for another 10 bucks a month (depending on the cable company).

must understand that a small percent of channels transmitt in 1080i, and most HD right now are running at 720p, if you want to run or have running 1080i, you would have to have a tv with at least a minimun of 8k of contrast or the best of 10k (the picture does look different at the 8k or below, when fast action happens you lose the crisp look until the digital contrast catches up to the motion. sony is the best way to go as far a tv is concerned, they make the best plasma out there but you are gonna pay for it.

i just bought a Sharp 42' LCD Aqous, 8k contrast and full HD at 1080i, got it for under 2k. have hooked up to it a yamaha surround (under 500 bucks) and it kicks some serious ass for sure!! NFL never looked better!!

the choices are endless my friend! if you have any qurstions please let me know, i did alot of shopping before i commited to what i wanted. choices are endless for sure, but they could be made easy if you have an idea of whats involved. location of mounting makes a difference as well, i have mine placed on top of the fire place, so you want an LCD not a plasma (plasma cant take the heat, and will melt)

No offense man, but did you read my initial post? Or the post's after that?

I have a 46" Sony Flat panel LCD TV. It's 1080p native resolution and I also have an HD cable box with HDMI output...

BTW, The Aquos is a nice TV. I just liked the style of the new Sony XBR...
TPM Coach #71