Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
xstortion
Late Apex

Send a message via AIM to xstortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher View Post
psst...
crutchfield is a joke
W6's were not as great as everybody thought, yes they were good, but mostly lots of hype yet very inefficient. I have built cars using the w0's that sounded better and hit harder then ones with w6's using much less power and spending much less of the customers budget.
enclosure is the most important thing in setting up a subwoofer system, so if that one was designed for those subs (especially with it being ported) then replace with the same for best result. personally I prefer sealed for the best overall sound.
if you wanna start from scratch then JL is a great way to go, another great sub is from immage dynamics.
Zapco, huh? best amps made, but which model? I don't recall a 4 channel 600watt. and how do you have it wired? was it powering all the speakers in the car?
btw, back in a different life time, when I used to own a shop with billace, I was rated one of the top installers in america and built many IASCA world champion vehicles, as well as won the Daytona Spring Break National Sound Off multiple times, and had quite a few cars featured in magazines, so I'm not talking out of my ass.

Well my guess is what I have are W 0's but I can't be 100% sure on that.

I had a typo its a 400 watt amp

Zapco 360 AG 4 channel. I love it it beats any amp I have ever had. The guy that did the job has it powering everything in the car so I wouldn't have to have a seperate amp for the subs. The radio I have also requires power.

I am thinking any kind of JL will work for me but I have no idea about the different models and what not. Thats where I am askin for a little hand