View Single Post

Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #44
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13
I'm not Bob, but I like to open my big mouth so...

-Rent a small HP bike or bring one to the track. The smaller the HP the faster your learning curve IMO.

-Check your ego. There are sooooo many fast guys at the track above and beyond us. Just have an open mind, practice exactly what they tell u in the school and I'm sure u'll come out a much better rider after the day is done.

-Hydrate!
is that your SV in the photobucket? it doesnt look like a piece of crap - it kinda looks like a ducati monster. i like it. its pretty cool. you wouldnt care if you had to throw that into a dumpster?? altho that doesnt look like a track bike? does it handle well on the track (probably a stupid question)

CAKES:
Generally speaking, aside from having all the gear, and a prepped bike. The #1 thing to do is check the ego at the gate, listen and learn from the coaches. Some people go in with the "I know how to ride, I can ride" attitude. Not a good way to start.

i hear ya man. im not too worried about the ego. i know im not rossi - yet.....
im a good listener and im a quick learner so i think i would benefit from a track day but i would be lying if i were to say that im not a little apprehensive taking into consideration all the angles - ya know.