View Single Post

Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #48
CoolerBig
Squid

Send a message via Yahoo to CoolerBig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy
I can't agree more here with you cakes, Unless you are one of the hayden brothers you can kiss the factory perfomance "gains" out the window. And as you know horsepower means nothing except for the straight away and even then the more corner speed you have the better drive you will get out of the corner...10 feet on the gas earlier can give you a couple of fractions of a second to your lap time and that = winning races.

I as well was watching those guys at the GP moto race going down summit thinking, holy shit they are flying and thats alot of braking to be done before nasty T1....I remember freaking out on my bike at first to...WAY over braking on my first few laps. I can't imagine if I was doing 170+

Another expierence, I remember at Summit being stuck behind a zx9r for a long time....given the fact that I would ride his ass every turn...then he would gun it on the straights leaving me in the dust only to have to overbrake to avoid hitting him in a turn. Ron im sure a 10r will not have a problem eating up the 600's but if you put an expierenced rider on the 600 and first day track rider on the 10r you get different results.

The engine is not a brake

Now that I have been able to put my thoughts on this here. Let me get straight to the point.

CoolerBig: I really think you are overlooking this whole idea we are trying to put forth to you. The reason we are trying to suggest purchasing a 600 is to become familiar with the whole track thing first. Trust me as soon as you get on the grid you will be shitting your pants, then you have to worry about the power of a liter, doing this and making sure not to do that. It gets hairy.

You can be a street wonder, and come to the track and get your ass handed to you...even twice in one day.

Do it the smart way and listen to some of these people.
Why can't I become familiar with the whole thing riding 10? That's what I don't understand. That's what they told me when I was buying my first bike - go with some kind of shitty machine to start with. You know what I think? It's in your head. And if you did shit in your pants it doesn't mean that all others do.

And yes, of course...If you put an experienced rider on 600 and a newcomer on a liter bike, the matter of fact you WILL get different results. But this is what I was talking about in my previous post. My point is: It's not what you ride, it is how you ride.

Last edited by CoolerBig; 12-05-2005 at 11:43 AM..