View Single Post

Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #54
MrQuickR1
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to MrQuickR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Here's my review:

Tires are really good. Especially for the price.

Turn in: Not as good as the Pirellis. Takes more effort to get the bike turned. I"m not sure if that can be adjusted out with the suspension. I will have to ask WCW.

Edge Grip: Better than the Pirellis. By far. The only snafu is that there seems to be a "ridge" like when a tire is squared off that you go over to get to the extreme edge of the tire. A little weird at first but once you get over that ridge the edge grip is great. Feels way more stable than a Pirelli.

Drive Grip: Great. No spinning or sliding that you sometimes get with a Pirelli. I did have one rear slide but I think that was more of a momentum slide.

Trail Braking: Not as good as the Pirelli. Bike wants to stand up. But that may be related to suspension like the turn in issues.

Braking Stablility: Good. Feels about the same as a Pirelli but Bogie doesn't have any crazy braking areas.

Overall Feel: Excellent. Aside from the turn in and trail braking issues, I rate these better than a Pirelli. The edge grip is fantastic and is worth the switch alone. They do feel harder than a Pirelli but not like a Dunlop or anything.

The only other point is that I thought I was getting a little chatter on turn in. I'm not sure if it was some little ripples or front end chatter though so it could be nothing.

I ran the pressures at 30 - 30 hot, right off the track.
Great write up Ant and I appreciate it.
This ripple on the edge you're talking about, is this noticeably an issue, does it feel like the transition from center to side makes it want to fall over?
30/30 hot from the track would mean real low pressures cold?
I also read about the turn in description as you said and there is a PSI thing that nobody has seemed to figure out the sweet spot for yet