Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   wave rotors? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1758)

AfricanBootyScratcher 01-16-2006 11:03 PM

wave rotors?

I'm looking at the galfer and braking wave rotors, and they both seem to be pretty much the same to me, but the braking ones are cheaper. anybody know if there is any significant differences between them?

carl_g 01-16-2006 11:09 PM

I have braking wave rotor on my KTM. I haven't really ridden it yet..so I can't comment on the stopping power LOL!

Kurts1000RR 01-16-2006 11:17 PM

Ive heard galfer is better performing and designed for a lot more abuse at higher temperatures. There also less likely to warp. But Ive heard more people prefer the braking ones.

RonJ83 01-17-2006 01:56 AM

there was a write up on a honda forum, a member felt that the stoping power was basically the same as stock, the waves are just to cool the rotors faster and add some bling factor. i was thinking about gettin them myself because they are stainless steel, i need something like that so they dont rust during storage.

duc748pilot 01-17-2006 02:04 AM

too tired right now i'll give you my entire opinion tomorrow omar.

Kennedy 01-17-2006 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
too tired right now i'll give you my entire opinion tomorrow omar.

Buy Galfer cause I get discounts...is your explanation :)

duc748pilot 01-17-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Buy Galfer cause I get discounts...is your explanation :)

actually i dont care which anyone buys. galfer is just better quality. they will both act in the same manner. match these up with some hh pads, maybe some braided lines....and you wont get a better set up (unless you have a few $$ to spend on a complete brembo set up) the first thing i switched was my rotors. stock pads lines and master cylinder. there was a TON of chatter under braking. so i spoke with galfer and swapped out to hh pads. WHAT A DIFFERENCE from stock braking power. hh pads with stock rotors dont compare. i wouldnt praise a product if i didnt truely beleive in it. ive done tons of trackdays and raced last year.....ive had the same pads for two seasons.....with a lot of meat left. and while i may not be the fastest guy, im not slow and i do brake hard. ask drew or anyone else who has used them....and by used i mean actually USED them not just rollin around on the streets of hoboken thinkin your cool rotors are gonna get you the women. :jerkit:

Kennedy 01-17-2006 11:51 AM

lol hoboken

Cakes206 01-17-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
....and by used i mean actually USED them not just rollin around on the streets of hoboken thinkin your cool rotors are gonna get you the women. :jerkit:

Best ever :roflmao:

duc748pilot 01-17-2006 12:51 PM

well...its true....lol

pillaka 01-17-2006 07:04 PM

Tim's f4i, the one that jeff rides, has wave rotors on it. After riding the bike a few times I noticed that they seem to have more intial bite over my stock ones, they also seem to slow down the bike a little better, but that could just be me. Front end seems to vibrate more with the wave rotors. On his bike though he had the stock pads and rubber lines, so I imagine with ss lines and better pads they would be better. Which goes along with what 600rr pilot said.

Either way, I still don't think you'll be able to outbrake john stevens.

CBRBob 01-17-2006 07:34 PM

I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking. I hear ALOT of Galfer wavs warping and I mean ALOT. I have the Braking wavs on the 929 for over a year (Omar knows how I am on the brakes) and now they are on the 1000. They make the bike turn easier.

Cakes206 01-17-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

RonJ83 01-17-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking. I hear ALOT of Galfer wavs warping and I mean ALOT. I have the Braking wavs on the 929 for over a year (Omar knows how I am on the brakes) and now they are on the 1000. They make the bike turn easier.

i accually heard the opposite, that the galfers offer no performance braking over the stock brakes and they are less likely to warp and rust (rust being the main reason why i want to invest in them) this is all in ive gathered from other r6 boards though.

duc748pilot 01-17-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

never heard of it happening once to anyone to be honest. and after a race my rotors are black and smoking.