Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   winter sports (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573)

soda7o 12-08-2005 02:14 PM

winter sports

ski/ snowboard .. anyone..
i am goingot shawnee or camelback this weekdn either one they are all about a 20 min drive fomr my house in PA. so far its me and 2 friends.. leasinv fri hoping to get a full day at the mountian on satand return either sat night or sunday mornign..
illbe boarding i think one othe rfriend will be skiing..

Smokes35 12-08-2005 02:31 PM

im an avid snow-pee-speller?

i also enjoy downhill alpine skiing.

duc748pilot 12-08-2005 02:31 PM

great thanks for the update!

j/p i snowboard but due to my stupid ass surgeries ive missed the past two season. looking to get back into it the season again. snowboarded since i was little. love it. this weekend is no good but i plan on going VERY soon

soda7o 12-08-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
great thanks for the update!

j/p i snowboard but due to my stupid ass surgeries ive missed the past two season. looking to get back into it the season again. snowboarded since i was little. love it. this weekend is no good but i plan on going VERY soon

i suck i was a skiier up unti llast season.. so now i am amking the transition to snowboarding..

Cakes206 12-08-2005 02:44 PM

Curling rules.

Barbi 12-08-2005 03:09 PM

I love watching curling on cbc

Marcmcm 12-08-2005 03:41 PM

My winter sport is working on bikes inside a nice heated garage. I really do hate winter

FigNewTon 12-08-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
Curling rules.

If you aint scrubbin the ice you aint even in the game

estyles 12-08-2005 05:35 PM

im into competitive snowman building

benellis 12-08-2005 08:31 PM

I think all you skiers out there are nuts. That is a crazy sport, you can get seriously injured or worse if you're not careful. most of the people I know that have gone skiing in the past has broken something or other. Good luck to all :)

njf4i 12-08-2005 08:42 PM

My winter sports are hunting pheasant until march. Then its bike project time.

But i do want to try snowboarding this year. I may even bite the bullet and do one of those gay classes to learn. If i like it i'll rent some gear for the year and just crash at soda's PA house. I'll trade him ammo to shoot the guns for a bed to sleep. :)

Gear Dog 12-09-2005 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benellis
I think all you skiers out there are nuts. That is a crazy sport, you can get seriously injured or worse if you're not careful. most of the people I know that have gone skiing in the past has broken something or other. Good luck to all :)

That is funny
Don't they say the same thing about those people who ride motorcycles :roflmao:

I do both, but ski more. Last season I got on a board after not being on one for like 8 years. Man I forgot how brutal a fall was on a board. I took a beating that day and after the third run I was done. I ski more just because it is easier for me to ski with my wife. I end up skiing the whole mountain while she slowly skis a straight line.
I have a burton that has been sitting in my garage forever. Might see if I can swap it for a set of skis this season.

JasonB 12-09-2005 02:43 AM

I've been skiing/racing for the last 15 years or so. I've teaching at Mountain Creek for the past 8 years. Not going to be teaching this season because my son is in the race program and i'm moving over to racing with him. I started snowboarding 2 seasons ago. . .and I must say that I like it. Wont hang up my skis, but once me and my son are finished with our drills, speed runs, and running gates we will be taking out the boards. I did take some lessons from some of the snowboard instructors and it helped alot. So NJF4I TAKE A LESSON. Dont be too proud. Trust me on this one!! I've seen too many boarders and skiers get hurt because they didn't know how to control the board or skis so they can turn and stop. Dont take lessons from friends unless that person is an instrutor. TRUST ME PEOPLE!!!!

Just my .02

benellis 12-09-2005 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear Dog
That is funny
Don't they say the same thing about those people who ride motorcycles :roflmao:

I do both, but ski more. Last season I got on a board after not being on one for like 8 years. Man I forgot how brutal a fall was on a board. I took a beating that day and after the third run I was done. I ski more just because it is easier for me to ski with my wife. I end up skiing the whole mountain while she slowly skis a straight line.
I have a burton that has been sitting in my garage forever. Might see if I can swap it for a set of skis this season.

in the snow, you're gonna fall. On a bike you might fall every once and a while, but on a bike you have brakes, and if you're already off the bike, you'll come to a stop quickly instead of having gravity pull you down the mountain, unless you're on the beginner's course.

njf4i 12-09-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jase
I've been skiing/racing for the last 15 years or so. I've teaching at Mountain Creek for the past 8 years. Not going to be teaching this season because my son is in the race program and i'm moving over to racing with him. I started snowboarding 2 seasons ago. . .and I must say that I like it. Wont hang up my skis, but once me and my son are finished with our drills, speed runs, and running gates we will be taking out the boards. I did take some lessons from some of the snowboard instructors and it helped alot. So NJF4I TAKE A LESSON. Dont be too proud. Trust me on this one!! I've seen too many boarders and skiers get hurt because they didn't know how to control the board or skis so they can turn and stop. Dont take lessons from friends unless that person is an instrutor. TRUST ME PEOPLE!!!!

Just my .02

Well i think this year im gonna finally bite the bullet and go for the instruction. I figure if anything they can teach me the right way to fall.

Are the instructors at Mountain Creek good jase?