Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lasik Eye Surgery? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4876)

Lucky7 04-03-2007 03:03 PM

Lasik Eye Surgery?

I've been debating on getting this procedure done for a while. Getting Tired of wearing contacts drying out and glasses pinching the bridge of my nose underneath my lid. I also snowboard and I figure it would help my boarding experience as well.

Has any one here had Lasik done and how has it affected your riding experience?

Rev 04-03-2007 03:16 PM

I have 2 personal friends who had it done. The vision is now 20/20...one of them was at negative in both eyes....he wore glasses since he was like 6..he's amazed as to how much he can see...worth the mula

soda7o 04-03-2007 03:48 PM

I ahve friends that did it a while ago when it was still relativly new and not as advanced as now.. they all loveit and dont regret i one bit.. andnow its cheaper and better.
do it .. but find the right doctor..

lateapex 04-03-2007 03:49 PM

a;sldfkhas[pdfoj na ;kjwenf'[psdfn;aljker-wepfma;sldkfa;weo

Sorry I forgot to use my glasses to type. :)

I have a friend that did it and sees 20/20 now.

yb929rr 04-03-2007 03:54 PM

just do your research. i've thought about it but don't want to risk my eyes. yeah it's not often but they do mess up. i know one person who has unexplained headaches since it's been done. also, it does 'wear' off and you'll probably need glasses again at some point.
just somethings to consider.

MrQuickR1 04-03-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yb929rr (Post 64168)
just do your research. i've thought about it but don't want to risk my eyes. yeah it's not often but they do mess up. i know one person who has unexplained headaches since it's been done. also, it does 'wear' off and you'll probably need glasses again at some point.
just somethings to consider.

It wears off?
How long do they estimate it lasts for?
That sucks! All the money you put out to only have to do it again.

Kinda like breast implants...you have to re do it every 10 years or less.
what a waste of money for insecurities lol

yb929rr 04-03-2007 04:03 PM

i don't know exactly how long it takes. you'll probably never go as bad as you are now. it happened to my stepmom and another person i know.

Lucky7 04-03-2007 04:37 PM

I didn't know it wears off. Shows you how much I know.

Well I signed up for a consultation at diamondvision. They're the same guys that did Tiki Barber's eyes and if its good enough for Tiki, its good enough for me.

They are running a spring Lasik promotion, for about 500/eye. Not a bad price to pay considering I spend $250 on glasses and contacts every year.

HondaGalToo 04-03-2007 04:51 PM

I had it done about 5 years ago and am very happy with it. It's awesome to not have to wear glasses whilst skiing/boarding, or riding. Depending on your eyes, it may regress some. If your eyes are still changing it might. Every few years I'd need a new prescription for glasses, so it didn't surprise me that mine changed a bit. The doc who did mine offers free "touch ups" if needed and said in 10 years he only did one. Mine regressed just a bit, but are fine. He corrected me to about 20/25 (I do close work, and am at the reading glasses age, so he didn't want to throw me into readers right away). I'm probably 20/30 or 20/35 now. I just need a mild corrective lens for night driving or the theater. Compared to what I was, I have no complaints. It hasn't regressed to the point where I'd consider a "touch up". I'd do it again, definitely. Plus now I can wear cool sunglasses instead of those clip-on things. :lol:

mullerjd 04-03-2007 08:41 PM

Got it done back in Oct.. best money ever spent!

RCM78 04-03-2007 10:17 PM

If your prescription has been stable for a few years the lasik will last a while. If you need a stronger prescription every year then it will only last a year or two before you need glasses again.

shadoxkila 04-04-2007 03:04 AM

i wanna get that shit so bad, but i cant afford it...i'm friggin blind and cant do anything without my contacts in

yb929rr 04-04-2007 08:51 AM

how much was it with the doctor who does free touch ups?
and where?

HondaGalToo 04-04-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yb929rr (Post 64230)
how much was it with the doctor who does free touch ups?
and where?

The doc I used offered that, unless it's changed. Dr. Joel Confino in Westfield, NJ. He's very good and has been doing lasik for probably 15 or more years, at least.

Rev 04-04-2007 11:24 AM

do it...