Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Events (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pocono FUSA w/TPM 4/27 (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5022)

Cakes206 04-26-2007 09:31 AM

Pocono FUSA w/TPM 4/27

Thats right, you're not seeing things, I'll be at Pocono tomorrow...who else?

:moocow:

tommymac 04-26-2007 09:35 AM

Wow I just fell out of my chair:roflmao:

I have to work otherwise Iwould go. I have to wait till may 11th with NYSBC to go to pocono then summit main on may 25th with tpm.

I do plan to ride the fusa course this year, I will go one day in august ( I beleive the 9th) with nysbc and maybe stay and ride it again with tpm the following day. Seems late july/early august will be some crazy track time for me with vir, beaver run and pocono all sandwiched in a 2 or 3 week period:ride:

The beaver run cancelation realy threw a wrench in things for me with planning my dates and along with some issues at work its getting tricky to plan my days.

Tom

GinoE 04-26-2007 11:51 AM

cool - we can get an accurate track report

NYCSTRIPES 04-26-2007 01:06 PM

I will be there, so will Dan

njracer 04-26-2007 03:19 PM

Bring rain tires.....

Mike295 04-26-2007 04:38 PM

or snow shoes

CBRBob 04-26-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginoe (Post 66282)
cool - we can get an accurate track report

Guess you will have to wait for my report then LOL :moocow:

FDNYDANO18 04-26-2007 10:22 PM

Are you going to be there tomorrow Bob?

IrocRob 04-27-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njracer (Post 66299)
Bring rain tires.....

If the rain there is anything like it is here, they're going to need an ark.:doh:

Student Driver 04-27-2007 11:46 AM

No rain here at Pocono. no crashes. even Cakes is guest coaching my extra chair

CBRBob 04-27-2007 10:40 PM

Slight amount of rain did not keep us from riding!

Cakes206 04-28-2007 09:48 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob (Post 66430)
Slight amount of rain did not keep us from riding!

+1
All in all it was another good day. We ended up starting late, just a lil after noon due to the dense fog(corner workers need to see from station to station.) But because alot of people left the groups were combined, Blue/Red and White/Art Basic...two group rotation giving us a lot of track time. I was coaching ART Basic along with NYCSTRIPES. The FUSA layout is pretty cool, but with the slower pace in the first couple session I could feel every bump and was just reminded of why I didn't like Pocono. But as the pace picked up in the latter sessions, the track seemed to smooth(using this term loosely) out a bit. I think that track could be a lot of fun with some dry weather and sun. Was also a good change of pace just being able to throw a couple of PB&J's in the cooler, load up, go, then leave all in the same day.

Congratz to Pillaka aka Stiffy aka Crispy for winning the race.

Some pics
Pic1- In the garages
Pic2- NYCSTRIPES's TL.
Pic3- My SV
Pic4- Little plug for SBA/WCW...even Monmouth Cycles
Pic5- Sum dude coachin ;)
Pic6- 1098
Pic7- R1
Pic8- In the garages again.

Cakes206 04-28-2007 10:20 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Few more:
Pic1- Fog
Pic2- TPM Trailer
Pic3- They still make Jiffy Pop!
Pic4- Sometimes there are no words :roflmao:
Pic5- Coach Ken
Pic6- Coach Cakes

NYCSTRIPES 04-28-2007 10:48 AM

great post Joe. I had a great time, I always liked the FUSA course but coaching that layout was definitely fun. I am paying for it though, I am VERY sore today. Still looking for weather good enough to get the TZ out on the track.
I switched to GP shift yesterday on the TLR so I can get ready to ride TZ. After a day running GP shift, I am ok with it. Made a couple of low speed shift errors, and I was lucky the TLR was stable (heavy) enough to absorb the negative feedback.
Thanks to Omar for helping me clean up my line there as well.
Ken

Cakes206 04-28-2007 11:11 AM

Oh yea, FTM...thought I was going to have a bad day when after I went thru tech the bike wouldn't start. With the weather we were having and the jetting in the bike, she can get real temper mental and flood over, so I immediately thought thats what had happened. Second time, no go...third time, no go...I look at the other coaches around looking back and almost laughin, I look back and there CBRBob covering the exhaust :doh:

So yea, like Ken said...I totally fell for the 'ol banana in the tail pipe :banghead: :ohmygod: