Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Good times ahead (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5513)

tommymac 07-24-2007 03:45 AM

Good times ahead

am working in the ER tonight with the doc I work with on the side and it looks like things will realy start happening soon. The first urgent care office will be up and going in sept. We are all credentialed and just need to finish some construction, get ther supplies in and set up our charting system. Then he tells me tha tthey are looking into another office out in staten island that has about 6000 square feet of space

He scared me after rounds today telling me he needed to talk to me about some stuff, I thought there was a problem or something like that but its just that things are starting to look up.

I had been on the fence about sticking around for this since the cost of living in NY is so ridiculous. I am making good money on the side doing what I have been and was considering just banking it and taking off but now am glad I have stuck it out. We have a good staff in the first office and should be lot of fun to work there. Also the doc would prolly kill me if Ileft since he relies so heavily on me just being there and keeping things going so he can focus on al th ebusiness aspects of getting an office going.

Tom

carl_g 07-24-2007 09:54 AM

Nice tom... good to hear that things are starting to go your way!:ride:

SilverDragon 07-24-2007 12:40 PM

Good stuff! Good luck with everything.

tommymac 07-24-2007 01:30 PM

The SI office now has me contemplating a move to joisey since it may be easier commuting. I wont be ready to pull the trigger for another 2 or 3 months so I iwll see where this all goes as well.

Tom

Cakes206 07-24-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 72314)
The SI office now has me contemplating a move to joisey since it may be easier commuting. I wont be ready to pull the trigger for another 2 or 3 months so I iwll see where this all goes as well.

Tom

And you'll be at least 2hrs closer to any track :D

tommymac 07-24-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes982 (Post 72315)
And you'll be at least 2hrs closer to any track :D

The scary this is thats something I considered as opposed to moving further east on LI. As of now anytrack day jimmy has at least another 40 mins of travel time just to get to where I am.

Tom

NYCSTRIPES 07-24-2007 02:44 PM

I have also considered leaving the state of NY after my retirement, but I need to have access to race tracks, shooting ranges and availability of good nightlife/places to eat. I couldn't move to the sticks, it would bore me to death. I have been keeping my eye on Phoenix, but that is a few more years off.
Glad to hear things are going well for ya.
Ken

Cakes206 07-24-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 72317)
The scary this is thats something I considered as opposed to moving further east on LI. As of now anytrack day jimmy has at least another 40 mins of travel time just to get to where I am.

Tom

I think Jimmy is moving to NJ...hes scoping fiber all over my town :ohmygod:

Jimmy 07-24-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes982 (Post 72320)

Gotta go where the work is ;)

I love living on Long Island. It just sucks getting on and off it :(

carl_g 07-24-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes982 (Post 72320)

Nice you'll be closer to all the dirt riding too!:moocow:

NGB 07-24-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 72291)
am working in the ER tonight with the doc I work with on the side and it looks like things will realy start happening soon. The first urgent care office will be up and going in sept. We are all credentialed and just need to finish some construction, get ther supplies in and set up our charting system. Then he tells me tha tthey are looking into another office out in staten island that has about 6000 square feet of space

He scared me after rounds today telling me he needed to talk to me about some stuff, I thought there was a problem or something like that but its just that things are starting to look up.

I had been on the fence about sticking around for this since the cost of living in NY is so ridiculous. I am making good money on the side doing what I have been and was considering just banking it and taking off but now am glad I have stuck it out. We have a good staff in the first office and should be lot of fun to work there. Also the doc would prolly kill me if Ileft since he relies so heavily on me just being there and keeping things going so he can focus on al th ebusiness aspects of getting an office going.

Tom

Good luck man.

tommymac 07-24-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 72322)
Gotta go where the work is ;)

I love living on Long Island. It just sucks getting on and off it :(

That is true but the taxes here seem prety insane too from the research I have done.

Tom

FigNewTon 07-24-2007 10:53 PM

Great to hear things are going well for you Tommy. Good luck with it all and hopefully the trend will continue.

And you know...there is always Greensboro...60 miles from VIR :)

That goes for you too Ken :lol:

bondo 07-24-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 72357)
That is true but the taxes here seem prety insane too from the research I have done.

Tom

Jersey's better with the property taxes but not by much.

Congrats! that'll be a good move for you.
get off long island before it's too late :arrr: :roflmao:

bondo 07-24-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409 (Post 72328)
Nice you'll be closer to all the dirt riding too!:moocow:

another great thing about NJ :nod2: