Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm kinda published (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3693)

AfricanBootyScratcher 09-20-2006 12:10 PM

I'm kinda published

I wrote a little article for riderznation, what do you guys think
http://www.riderznation.com/html/the...f_a_rider.html

Kennedy 09-20-2006 12:58 PM

Nice writing, shakespeare ;)

Cakes206 09-20-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

and it appears you can’t just fly straight into New Jersey. Had to come in way up north and fly southward, don’t understand why but that seems to be the flight pattern.
It's because of the shape of the earth. Would take alot longer if they flew strait over the widest part. Cool write up.

DougZ 09-20-2006 01:54 PM

Nice story Montel. :)

John712 09-20-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
It's because of the shape of the earth. Would take alot longer if they flew strait over the widest part. Cool write up.

i thought it was because theres a no fly zone over parts of North America. but who am EYE

nice write up!!

Kennedy 09-20-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

What does the shape of the earth have anything to do with flight patterns? Your are at the same altitude all the time you don't just fly off into outerspace. Please explain

Qetesh 09-20-2006 02:16 PM

Come on people...try to keep it ON TOPIC :banghead:

Omar, fantastic write up. I'm always being amazed at the things you know and do!

Kennedy 09-20-2006 02:26 PM

Hey jen gimme my chair back :LOL:

Cakes206 09-20-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qetesh
Come on people...try to keep it ON TOPIC :banghead:

In the article hes askin himself a question, we're here to help, lol. And give back Kennedy his chair ;)

Kennedy, take for instance flying to Cali. The flight pattern from NJ to Cali isn't in a strait line as you would think by looking at a map. They actually fly north first in an archlike shape, then back south. Cutting out the widest part of the earth being the middle laterally. Its weird to understand(and to explain) but I know thats what they do. Gotta talk to my freind Nate, hes a pilot for Cont. sure he can explain it better.

Kennedy 09-20-2006 05:37 PM

Thanks Cakes I was going coo coo for a second trying to look it up :lol:

njf4i 09-20-2006 05:56 PM

Very nice write up Omar.

John712 09-20-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

In the article hes askin himself a question, we're here to help, lol. And give back Kennedy his chair ;)

Kennedy, take for instance flying to Cali. The flight pattern from NJ to Cali isn't in a strait line as you would think by looking at a map. They actually fly north first in an archlike shape, then back south. Cutting out the widest part of the earth being the middle laterally. Its weird to understand(and to explain) but I know thats what they do. Gotta talk to my freind Nate, hes a pilot for Cont. sure he can explain it better.

WTF !?!?!?!?!?!? they go in 1 direction until they reach speed and altitude then change course. most runways arent pointed in the direction in which your going (destination) so your heading north.

now picture this, your on the runway, you get the plane up to speed to lift off the runway (still not at full speed) you take off, and your 100 feet off the ground, and you try to turn 110 degrees to the right or left, ut uh, it aint gonna happen. physics baby, physics. now take your bike and go 5 MPH around the bus stop in the Poconos and drag your knee and keep going without dropping the bike. once their at the required altitude and speed, its a straight run, UNLESS your flying over parts of North and South America that have a restricted no fly zone :D

your probably wondering how i know all this, please do ask :D

but who am EYE :)

Shelly 09-20-2006 09:38 PM

Good article Omar...well written, insightful and inspiring :) gotta find some of those good/better *roads* to be on...

High_Revs_17 09-20-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Thanks Cakes I was going coo coo for a second trying to look it up :lol:

Your answer is in the link below. Any object that flys within the confines of the Troposphere is effected by this force.

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/gu...r/fw/crls.rxml

RCM78 09-20-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John217
WTF !?!?!?!?!?!? they go in 1 direction until they reach speed and altitude then change course. most runways arent pointed in the direction in which your going (destination) so your heading north.

now picture this, your on the runway, you get the plane up to speed to lift off the runway (still not at full speed) you take off, and your 100 feet off the ground, and you try to turn 110 degrees to the right or left, ut uh, it aint gonna happen. physics baby, physics. now take your bike and go 5 MPH around the bus stop in the Poconos and drag your knee and keep going without dropping the bike. once their at the required altitude and speed, its a straight run, UNLESS your flying over parts of North and South America that have a restricted no fly zone :D

your probably wondering how i know all this, please do ask :D

but who am EYE :)

OK, I'll bite. How do you know all this?

Flying back from vegas we went over chicago...