Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lane splitting etiquette (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3106)

xstortion 07-10-2006 01:26 PM

Lane splitting etiquette

K some I am running a little late to work today. I am in dead stop traffic so I decide to lane split for a bit. I am just coasting along and I see some guy swerve into the middle in front of me causing me to skid a little bit. At first I thought he was tryin to switch lanes but then I realized he was just being an ass.

What should be done when this happens? I was thinking about kickin the shit out of his door or something.
How do u guys feel about it?

gottaducati 07-10-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstortion
K
How do u guys feel about it?

it almost happened to me on the way down the shore this weekend. there's nothin you can do. some people are dicks. just be happy you made it thru without being clipped...

or get a gun. either way
:)

ffejtable 07-10-2006 01:48 PM

I see people cheating using the shoulder in their cars all the time.. I make no hesitation to block them if its obvious they arent using it to get off at the nearest exit (like as in its a mile away)...

I dont lanesplit, and really am not fond of others doing it either, but I wont cut a bike off for doing it, as I understand there are legit reasons like overheating the bike, or the rider thats got full gear on.... Not to mention the danger...

Few people in cages understand this, and in reality most of the time I see bikers do it "just because we (think we) can"...

ronin_01r1 07-10-2006 01:50 PM

man that sux.

how about make sure ur plate is hidden, knock off his sideview mirror, continue on ur way?

how about stop, knock on his window, and ask him - did you just do that to intentionally hit me? is my action somehow delaying you in anyway?

or yell out at him - pluck yew!

gottaducati 07-10-2006 01:59 PM

or you can carry a crowbar and smash his windshield as you ride by. then stop your bike climb off and proceed to smash every window in his car then drag his punkass out of the drivers seat and kick him till he stops breathing....
lol

...just a thought

njracer 07-10-2006 02:11 PM

Don't lane split.....problem solved.

If ya want to split lanes, move to Cali.

SilverDragon 07-10-2006 02:29 PM

I rarely do it, unless traffic is really going nowhere, and there's enough room to maneuver. If I get cut-off and nothing comes out of it, I just keep on going since I'm not supposed to be lane splitting anyway!

Kennedy 07-10-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njracer
Don't lane split.....problem solved.

If ya want to split lanes, move to Cali.

Even then, people are still getting clipped by doors being thrown open and pulling into the middle of the lane with their cars. Cagers don't understand the law even when it is legal.

xstortion 07-10-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin_01R1
man that sux.

how about make sure ur plate is hidden, knock off his sideview mirror, continue on ur way?

how about stop, knock on his window, and ask him - did you just do that to intentionally hit me? is my action somehow delaying you in anyway?

or yell out at him - pluck yew!

LOL I like this one

Mack 07-10-2006 04:01 PM

personally I would just drive by the other side of him and wave nicely at him and watch his/her head explode

Ant 07-10-2006 04:05 PM

So you decide to basically cut everyone off and then thought about kicking his door in? And everyone wonders why people hate motorcyclists. I do however hate vigilante drivers.

skid vicious 07-10-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant
So you decide to basically cut everyone off and then thought about kicking his door in? And everyone wonders why people hate motorcyclists. I do however hate vigilante drivers.

cutting someone off is not the same as lane splitting. and don't try and tell me you've never thought of dragging some cager out of their car and smashing their skull in.
lane splitting 101

http://motorcyclecruiser.com/streets...nesplit-sm.jpg

i'll honk as i pass you by on your overheated bike with you sweatin your balls off

gottaducati 07-10-2006 04:45 PM

isnt lane splitting one of the benefits of being on two wheels???

skid vicious 07-10-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottaducati
isnt lane splitting one of the benefits of being on two wheels???

horsepower and poon tang being the other 2

soda7o 07-10-2006 05:07 PM

ok so the guy was an as. there are plenty of them out there.. they just do this shit on purpose.. it happens ot me all the time.. i just fine anther way aroudn them and dont even bother... another one of my hoppbie ssi ripping of their watches if they stick their hand out a window... :lol: j/kanyway just find a way aorund and keep going..