Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stands (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3811)

RAC 10-12-2006 03:14 PM

Stands

Anyone know if these stands are any good. I would like to get a set but some are so damn expensive. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...37929994QQrdZ1

Gigantic 10-12-2006 06:12 PM

pitbull is the bestest, period. those look cheap, IMHO.

Cakes206 10-12-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAC
some are so damn expensive.

IMHO, you get what you pay for. Front and rear pitbulls, they'll be the only stands you'll ever have to buy.

Jimmy 10-12-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
IMHO, you get what you pay for. Front and rear pitbulls, they'll be the only stands you'll ever have to buy.

+1

John712 10-12-2006 07:39 PM

dude i got those same exact stands, i use them at track days, when working on the bikes at home and i never had a problem with them and i had them for 4 years now.

buy them.

RCM78 10-12-2006 08:44 PM

I also have front and rear pitbull stands and they are extremely stable. BUT, The front stand can be a pain to lift the bike.

I used a woodcraft front stand at pocono last weekend and couldnt believe how easily it lifted the front of the bike. I'll be getting one for next season!!!

High_Revs_17 10-12-2006 10:39 PM

A very good friend of mine (Islandmon) currently has his bike up on these stands in storage for a few years now, and when I say storage I mean they're up on them 24/7 since he has no time to ride at the moment and lives out of state. They may not be the best quality but for the price they impressed me, and they get the job done.

SITE

RonJ83 10-12-2006 10:57 PM

www.motomummy.com, Corey a really good guy has great prices on DMP stands. very solid stands.

Ron

RAC 10-13-2006 07:09 AM

Thanks for the input guys!!

Cakes206 10-13-2006 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78
The front stand can be a pain to lift the bike.

Really? Which style front stand? I use the newer triple kind, never any issues.

RAC 10-13-2006 08:15 AM

Dumb question. I have an 00 r6 are these stands made for certain bikes or are most of them universal, also is it better to get the spool or pad stand????

Cakes206 10-13-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAC
Dumb question. I have an 00 r6 are these stands made for certain bikes or are most of them universal, also is it better to get the spool or pad stand????

If your bike takes spools, thats definitely the better way to go. Pitbulls also hve an attachment that do both spools and paddles, incase one wrecks and rips the spool mount off, you still can still use the stand. Theres two kind of front stands. Ones that lift from the bottom of the forks and ones that use a pin and lift from the bottom of the lower triple clamp. Pins vary from bike to bike and are interchangeable with the stand. The stand that lifts from the triple will allow you to work on the forks if you had to. All this info is relative to pitbull, not sure what other brands offer. Hope this helps.

ronin_01r1 10-13-2006 08:39 AM

i've heard good things about redline stands. www.redlinestands.com a lot of guys on the r1 board seems to like them.

RAC 10-13-2006 08:52 AM

Joe do you work for pit bull or are you just very pleased with the product?? J/K I think I'm going to go with them I found a used rear one on ebay for 30 or so. Sounds like the triple one would be best for the front. Thanks again

Cakes206 10-13-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAC
Joe do you work for pit bull or are you just very pleased with the product?? J/K I think I'm going to go with them I found a used rear one on ebay for 30 or so. Sounds like the triple one would be best for the front. Thanks again

LOL, just very pleased with their product, had the same set of stands going on 6 years now, love em. Also, if space is an issue they have a forward motion rear stand, its pretty bad ass and because the motion is on the same side as you are when holding the bike, t make it alot easier to use. Alot of people have trouble holding the tail balancing the bike and using a stand at the same time, but you get used to it.