Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Got off easy last night. (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3413)

jose padilla 08-13-2006 12:52 PM

Got off easy last night.

I was getting ready to play some poker last night and yes my dumb ass decided to take the bike. Well I get there park the bike and luckly decided to walk to the store to get some thing to eat and drink. Low and behold what a good idea, when I got there they had 5 or 6 bikes pulled over. I heard that some of them decided to run and the cops actually tried to chase on foot. :roflmao: Those that stayed behind were really getting screwed with. Anyway after the game I fired up the bike to let it warm up, the cops were driving down the block and stopped in front of my bike. No big deal since I didn't have my gear on yet and they couldn't prove that I was getting ready to move it. The pricks jump out the car pull the key out of the ignition and start giving me all kinds of shit. I guess they were involved with the guys earlier. Anyway they start with all the bullshit about paper work and I'm thinking awe shit here comes another set of freaking tickets. Oh well you play you pay, so I tell them the bike isn't registered, no inspection, and bad tag. I have insurance and a MC license, I also happen to have the title on hand. Then one cops really starts to get in my face, I started to get a little pissed so I told him he really needed to calm down. My violations didn't warrent that type of abuse and that as an officer he should display a higher level of professionalism then what he was displaying. Me and my big mouth end up on the front of a car spread eagle like a freaky whore on payday. I get patted down, pockets rifled, all my items thrown on the hood and my wallet gets searched. They come across my military id and my veterans id card and all of a sudden the attitude changes. All of a sudden I'm no longer the F%^K'n out law, child molesting motorcycle rider but a respected member of the community. They let me off with a warning and drove off. My boys were witness to the whole thing. They all thought I was going to jail when the cop threw me on the hood of the car. My boy said he had never seen a skinny puerto rican fly in the air and land on a hood like that before. :LOL: We had some jokes about it and then decided to go play some pool. Thats it if I need to ride I'll take my dad's bike until I get this thing inspected and registered, until then shes staying in the basement.

JasonB 08-13-2006 01:27 PM

Good thing you had the military id and my veterans id..or you would have been locked up...

Kennedy 08-13-2006 02:14 PM

Well they did their job

skid vicious 08-13-2006 02:23 PM

no reg? no inspection, and bad tags? way to go einstein.

Rev 08-13-2006 04:01 PM

lol...yea thank god for your id...get that thing reg...don't know why you haven't done that yet since it seems like the bike is legit..

SilverDragon 08-13-2006 07:37 PM

C'mon Jose, you can tell us... did you start crying? is that why they let you go? :D

Tonupboy 08-14-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragon
C'mon Jose, you can tell us... did you start crying? is that why they let you go? :D

Nah, they probably saw the trickle of pee coming down his shorts...lmao...

j/k, those IDs def saved your dignity! Be careful next time!

Taz 08-14-2006 09:24 AM

So when are you going to get you bike legal?

jose padilla 08-14-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skid vicious
no reg? no inspection, and bad tags? way to go einstein.

Never said it was a bright thing to do.
I have to go through a theft inspection here in NY because the bike has a salvage title. After that then I can register it, by the time I get it done the season will be over. However its no big deal I can always ride my dad's bike.

skid vicious 08-14-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jose padilla
Never said it was a bright thing to do.
I have to go through a theft inspection here in NY because the bike has a salvage title. After that then I can register it, by the time I get it done the season will be over. However its no big deal I can always ride my dad's bike.

and by no means am i saying that i've never done anything stupid with cops involved. BUT, when you are legal and your bike is legit, it gives you more leeway in the manner in which you can respond to the po-po. saying fuck you you pole smoking bitch to a cop while your bike has no reg will get you towed. saying it when you're legal will just get you a nice thump on your skull and a big lawsuit.

John712 08-14-2006 12:51 PM

good for the Military I.D now I would send in a Complaint. usually works better when a Military Personnal does it other then a regular citizens complaint

Gear Dog 08-14-2006 01:36 PM

What is a veteran ID? I want one!!!

CuCullin 08-14-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Well they did their job

+ Excessive behaviour.

I honestly find their actions much more worrisome than no reg.

soda7o 08-14-2006 02:51 PM

cops lie.. cop are dicks

jose padilla 08-14-2006 07:27 PM

Normally I would complain, however I was in the wronge especially after getting caught less than a week ago. Also in that neighborhood they really have a tough job so I can understand them being on edge. It doesn't forgive their actions however I do understand why they would be like that. Most of the guys that ride in this area are pure dicks and don't have a clue when it comes to being responsible Riders. No gear, stunting and running from the cops just gives us all a bad reputation. Add to that my idiocy of not having the bike registered and a false tag, I pretty much brought it upon myself.